• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My New Bandsaw Celtic Cross Jig

Jim

Grand Master
After my mishap this afternoon with the clamp that was holding the pen blank came away, i decided to make something that didn't need a clamp, so i came up with this ... :ciggrin:

Attachments

• celtic_cross_jig.jpg
    celtic_cross_jig.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 78

Jim

Grand Master
Jim is this one as accurate, and will you have to make others with varying degrees i.e 60*.:thinks:

Frankie, i have used this jig twice, and both have given me 100% accuracy, the one i posted here and a blank ready to turn, as long as your blank is square it won't go wrong ... :thumbs:

Jim what bandsaw is that you have.cheers Frankie.

I have a Record BS 300 Frankie ...

Jim

Grand Master
See the photo below i have placed an arrow where i press the blank with a little pressure when doing the cutting ... :thumbs:

Attachments

• celtic_cross_jig.jpg
    celtic_cross_jig.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 71
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).