• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

H&S where are you????

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very practical if you don't have electricity I suppose. I was in Bombay and of course a bar. On the other side of the road a 6 storey building was underway and the scaffolding all the way to the top was bamboo and all tied together with string. It had more bends than a dogs hind leg.

Maybe its a natural culling process!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Seen similar and no way would you get me on it.
I did some work for an Indian guy in London, part of that work was to paint the outside of the building.
He would not understand why we had to get a licence to close a section of road off and erect a steel scaffold
"Where I come from you throw a rope over the building, tie it to a tree and climb the rope."
But you might fall off. "Then you send someone else up". Simples init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Seen similar and no way would you get me on it.
I did some work for an Indian guy in London, part of that work was to paint the outside of the building.
He would not understand why we had to get a licence to close a section of road off and erect a steel scaffold
"Where I come from you throw a rope over the building, tie it to a tree and climb the rope."
But you might fall off. "Then you send someone else up". Simples init?

So why don't we close down the call centres and use them for climbing ropes on our buildings to wash the windows. That way I will get to understand the person at the end of the phone, we get our windows cleaned cheaply and there might not even be anyone we need to pay at the end of the day! or have I got this wrong?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Nowt wrong with any of that. I've seen it all (and been part of some of it) in South Africa. I remember vividly catching bricks on a second storey ledge, and accidentally knocking one off the pile with my knee. I sort of watched in slo-mo as it plummeted two floors and hit a worker square on the head. Split his hard hat in two, after which he took the remains of his hard hat off, rubbed his head and swore at me. Then we all carried on. True story!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nowt wrong with any of that. I've seen it all (and been part of some of it) in South Africa. I remember vividly catching bricks on a second storey ledge, and accidentally knocking one off the pile with my knee. I sort of watched in slo-mo as it plummeted two floors and hit a worker square on the head. Split his hard hat in two, after which he took the remains of his hard hat off, rubbed his head and swore at me. Then we all carried on. True story!

Nowadays claimsforyou would have been involved David. Do you know how much hard hats cost :funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).