• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Knock me down with a feather.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I dunno where to start or how to say this but forgive me for sharing this bad news.

Those of you who have been here a while will remember clumsy sod George.

You will know he adopted a young couple he lodged with, as his own family as he never had one.
When he discovered they were to have a child and named him George he changed his will and set up a trust fund for young George.

He also provide an undisclosed amount for the couple to bring George up in a better fashion than they would otherwise be able too.
The last I heard was that they had moved to a new, mortgage free home and life was terrific for all.
Tom's business was picking up now he could afford to be self employed and Stef was enjoying being a mum and taking an interest in her garden with plans to open a flower shop when young George starts to grow a bit more.

I have just heard from a mutual friend that Tom took his own life on Sunday morning with no rhyme nor reason, no note, nothing in his life to indicate he would want to do so.
He had worked late the previous evening and George was wide awake early and making a lot of noise, Stef decided as it was such a bright morning she would take a walk with the baby in his pram (whatever they have these days) and leave Tom to lay in and catch up with his zed's.

They went to the local shop and got the Sunday papers with thoughts of cooking a proper fried breakfast and maybe ask a few friends over later and Tom can show off his new BBQ he was so proud of.
Stopped to chat to a few people who ogled over the baby, in all gone for abut 90 minutes.

She returned home to find her husband hanging from an open loft hatch at the top of the stairs.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
That is terrible news I can't believe it I feel so sorry for Stef and George

Sent while looking like I am doing something important

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sorry to put this on the forum but I thought you would want to know.
I can't give any more info and was not close enough to them to get in touch if I could.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
"clumsy sod" George was obviously before I joined this forum. But my thoughts go out to Steff and Georges name sake

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Its so sad that someone doesn't think there is someone there for him. He obviously had problems that he couldn't share but was such a lovely person for George to have taken as his own. Its quite often the case that giving people can't ask for that compassion or understanding when its needed most.
I joined the forum after George had passed away but felt the grief that was here. Its one sad day!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
You just don't know what goes on in some ones head.
I do cos the voices tell everyone, I can't have any secrets init?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
His wife must be devastated. No note is very unusual in a suicide. It's a very sad event, I hope she has family and friends to help her through it.

Peter

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Well I'm stunned, I just find it so sad that people in this kind of mindset can't reach out and at least talk to someone.

Tragic seems like such a twee word but I can't think of any others.

Thoughts and prayers with Stef and George.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).