• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi all

i was introduced to this site from one of your members
I am quite new at turning and just getting into bowls
but I keep going back to pens
I am disappointed in a lot of the pen kits and hope to read all your reviews

Steve

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Steve,

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you'll get on fine with Brian! Please feel free to contribute and put your sixpennyworth in regardless of experience.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Steve, Neil just said it all my friend .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Steve welcome to a fellow kit improver, at last an ally init?
I don't hate kits I just want them improved for everybody to use them with some confidence they will work correctly and last some time in use.
Tell us about your disappointments??????

Yep I am Brian init?

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Wotchya Steve welcome to a fellow kit improver, at last an ally init?
I don't hate kits I just want them improved for everybody to use them with some confidence they will work correctly and last some time in use.
Tell us about your disappointments??????

Yep I am Brian init?

hi Brian

not sure what the protocol is here
can I name \shame \praise on here ?

Steve

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
hi Brian

not sure what the protocol is here
can I name \shame \praise on here ?

Steve

I am not gonna be the one to say you can or can't but if it ain't liked it can be deleted init?

I generally give good feedback to names and bad feedback can be PM'd to those who ask for names.
No I don't actually but that's my intention (sometimes).
I see nothing wrong in naming the kits and saying what you feel about them.
Suppliers need the opportunity to defend themselves in my view.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi Steve and welcome they are a load of nutters here, but they are also full of some very useful info (well sometimes:funny::funny::funny:)

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well we (Woody) does a lot of bowls on here and we (Brian) also have a lot to say about he quality of the kits. We (Neil) know everything there is to know about wood and we (Alex) have the biggest chainsaw in the world. We (Brody) make things out of things others throw out and we (Jim) run a fantastic show here. WE (all) have the best forum there is and you are welcome to join in and ask question, show us your stuff and join in with the general banter. As soon as the sedation kicks in everything will seem fine... just beware, once you're in, you can't leave.... WhaHAHAHAHA.

Oh... welcome Steve.

Oh, nearly forgot... The chairman Plonker, Terry, the kitless pen wizard, David, Dan the kit supplier, Ed who likes to dress up, Matt who is the youngest member now (I have to say that because it makes Alex angry) Peter from down Under, Sandra from across the pond and many more excellent people who I haven't mentioned because I've got fed up typing.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).