• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Paypal or CC charges for buying overseas.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Has anyone done a comparison using Paypal with their inflated exchange rate and their CC company + charges for having the audacity to buy abroad?

Seeing as the £ is so high at the moment I don't seem to be seeing that reflected with Paypal.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
My bank charged me for buying from timber bits so the next time I paid buy paypal still using my credit card and never got charged

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
My bank charged me for buying from timber bits so the next time I paid buy paypal still using my credit card and never got charged

Yes mine did the same (Natwest) so I used Paypal, but I am wondering if the banks exchange rate + charges are better than Paypal's exchange rate. The banks never used to charge for buying from abroad.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
OOOh dunno mate you need money to do that init?
I don't got none so it's irrelevant to me.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I bought from TB for the first time earlier this month. I'll have to check the bank statement when it comes through the door, see if I got charged and how much :thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I bought from TB for the first time earlier this month. I'll have to check the bank statement when it comes through the door, see if I got charged and how much :thinks:

Can you check if you used CC or DC and if there were charges for DC, please.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Would have been using my DC. I don't have a CC

I have been wondering if it is better to pay with a DC, but it would depend if there are no charges apart from exchange rate.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).