• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Woodturning Course

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
Just been reading that Phil runs a 2day course for beginners that I would love to attend if it was nearer to the Southport and surrounding area, does any of you know of any such course nearer to Southport
Glen

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just been reading that Phil runs a 2day course for beginners that I would love to attend if it was nearer to the Southport and surrounding area, does any of you know of any such course nearer to Southport
Glen

I take it you refer to Phil Irons?? Hes based around the midlands somewhere? I think Tracey Owen does something out of the Alpaca Centre with G and S Timber. Failing that contact your local club, they might be able to put you onto someone local who wont charge the earth and is likely to be as good.

Jim

Grand Master
Go for it Glen, i had a few lessons when i first started turning, it sure does help with starting out on this journey with no bad habits .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The only lesson I've had was at a pen turning course at Axminster, I still a a couple of boxes of unfinished turnings to photograph.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I've never had a lesson, but could probably learn a lot if I did. Being taught how to turn wood properly might help as well :funny::funny::funny:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
No lessons for me either. I started turning completely by accident. Just thought to myself, " I've not done that before, I'll have a go next weekend" :funny: That said, out of all of the things I've done, its the most addictive.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).