• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Had some corian delivered this afternoon

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
As said I had 5 different colours of corian delivered that I won on ebay so I just had to have a go at them the C/B are corian as well finished with Auto glem
DSCF0273.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Love them Woody, as usual, nicely turned and a wonderful finish.

Jim

Grand Master
Four great looking pens my friend, i love working with Corian, it sure does make some lovely pens as seen here .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
where do the centre bands come from? Probably covered on another thread, but I've been away.

Nice pens :up:

I make them from corian they go on the mandrel at the same time as the pen and turn the whole pen in one go

Robert

First Name
Rob
I see. But with no brass tube?

So do you drill them with the same 7mm diameter as the rest of the blank, or drill using the diameter of the mandrel?

(apologies if the questions seem banal)

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I see. But with no brass tube?

So do you drill them with the same 7mm diameter as the rest of the blank, or drill using the diameter of the mandrel?

(apologies if the questions seem banal)
No Worry s Robert I drilled them 7mm it works best if you have the long tubes so that it goes right through the centre band as well but these have no tube in Centre band as I didn't have any long tubes so I just stuck them on to the centre of the top half of the pen with no bush in the centre so that they could be made as fat as possible I hope this helps happy turning and dont be afraid to ask questions that is what we are here for to help when we can

Robert

First Name
Rob
ah ok. I wondered if it being 7mm with no tube would make it a bit insecure, but I guess the fact that it is jammed between the other two blanks and glued to one is enough to hold it tight.

Thanks for that, I will be copying that idea. :up:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).