• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gobsmacked

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I lent a couple of double moulds to a friend and tonight he phoned me and asked how do I glue them back together once you have de-moulded the banks. I couldn't understand what he was asking. It turns out that he sliced one open so that he could get the blank out. I am getting them back tomorrow and will not lend them out again:mad:

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
I don't know if i should laugh at this .. :chuckle:

Some things are hard to believe .. :goesred:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The old saying comes to mind a lender nor a borrower be there are some planks around

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I don't know if i should laugh at this .. :chuckle:

Some things are hard to believe .. :goesred:

I have had a smile about it after the initial anger, it was partially my fault I was told, because I didn't explain how they should be used, that's true. I could melt some vinamold and stick it back together, but I don't think it would be as strong, so will make a new one. It's a pain, because I have about 30 tubes all prepped for casting.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Oh dear :rolling: That's the sort of thing my son would do, which is why I am sometimes glad he lives with his mother :funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I'm afraid my adage to lending after several incidents like this is,

"if you can afford to break mine you can afford to buy me a new one, so save me a lot of hassle by going buying & breaking your own". :nonono::nonono:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).