• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Had a good day with friends

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Had a visit today from our Phill, Terry, Billy and his friend Andrew we spent the day in the workshop watching Phill teach us how to make a 14" Sycamore bowl what a craftsman paper thin streams of shavings flying all over the workshop and in Andrews tea and down my shirt collar he has taken the shaving home for the rabbit and he has taken the bowl home as well to finish sanding so here we have Phill in action camera man Mr chairman

DSCF0280.JPGDSCF0281.JPGDSCF0282.JPGDSCF0283.JPG

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
A great day Woody, thank you (and Vi) for the hospitality (but nothing new there) :thumbs:

Thanks also for your teachings, great tips from you, Terry and Phil, hopefully will keep me and Andrew going in the right direction. :banana::banana:

Hopefully I will be back soon for my next lesson. :thinks::thinks:

And of course, I didn't leave empty handed, hope I can do the goodies you gave me justice when I get round to turning them :thinks::thinks:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I bet there was a Mr Smith in the party too. Looks like everyone got something out of it :thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thanks for the day gents. I fully enjoyed talking about turning with Woody and getting to know Bill and his friend Andrew a bit better and watching a master turner our own Phill at work !!!
Can I say a special thanks to the cameraman who took some excellent photographs of Phill at work !!! LOL:ciggrin::ciggrin::ciggrin:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Well done lads looks like all had a cracking day & that bowl looks a biggie, :thumbs::thumbs: no photos of the finished piece ?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done lads looks like all had a cracking day & that bowl looks a biggie, :thumbs::thumbs: no photos of the finished piece ?

Phill is going to show it when it is finished someone forgot to take a photo of the finished bowl you cant get good camera men nowadays LOL

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Well what a day !

Turned up this morning at Woodys to be followed into the drive by Mr Chairman who I had no idea was going to be there, nice surprise. Then Billy turns up with hi friend Andrew, talk about pressure when trying to turn something wayyyy bigger than I've ever done before with those 4 as an audience.

His Grace Woody was patience personified whilst I abused his lathe. Very kind of him to resharpen all my gouges for me on the Pro-Edge, I'm now suitably convinced I really need one :funny:

Big thanks also go to Vi for keeping us in coffee.

Heck of a way to spend a day off, some great banter, lots learned and most importantly SWMBO loves the fruit bowl.

Pics will follow when I've finished sanding tomorrow.

Thanks again Woody, you really are a true gent, I cannot think of a better way to spend a day.

Jim

Grand Master
Great to see you Old Un's getting some therapy .. :thumbs: Hope you all had a good day .. :bwink:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Hells teeth, I forgot !

Doug, I owe you a HUGE thank you for the wood. Lovely piece of sycamore as you'll see tomorrow, it has the lot, figuring, green flecks and some burr in there for good measure.

Thank you !

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Had a visit today from our Phill, Terry, Billy and his friend Andrew we spent the day in the workshop watching Phill teach us how to make a 14" Sycamore bowl what a craftsman paper thin streams of shavings flying all over the workshop and in Andrews tea and down my shirt collar he has taken the shaving home for the rabbit and he has taken the bowl home as well to finish sanding so here we have Phill in action camera man Mr chairman

View attachment 7827View attachment 7828View attachment 7829View attachment 7830

Fascinated by the Philishave demo Woody goodonya Phil very professional turning mate. Thanks Woody for the pics.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).