• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

fox & geese

cobalt

Apprentice Member
First Name
dennis
making the grandaughter her birthday pressy. A board game fanatic at 4years old .
The fox and geese made from off cuts of wood , the board will be made from a large sheet of oak i pulled out of a builders skip.
Have people no shame throwina away a piece of oak board 3ftz nearly 5ft x 1inch thick:rolling:
005.jpg 004.jpg

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Looking good Colbalt :thumbs:

A four year old who like board games that is a nice change these days
I think Fox and Geese is a medieval version of the Viking board game Halatafl

cobalt

Apprentice Member
First Name
dennis
Your correct .it was bought to the UK by the vikings in the 1400`s. and has been played since. it was a favorite game of queen victorias.There are several versions of it

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I've never heard of the game but you're certainly doing a job.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).