• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Unemployed again init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Oh well back looking for work again.
Got the sack for being a miserable sod init?
4th week this week and every week there has been a complaint about me, good init?

Week 1. Customer complained about the way I checked his payment in front of his customers as witnesses, he knew damn well he was a score short that's why he payed quickly and walked away.

Week 2. Customer wanted delivery at the bar so coudn't use trolly up the steps. Gashed my arm on a screw sticking through their door. They complained I bled all over the carpet, and didn't smile while doing it.

Week 3. I caused a row outside the pub arguing with a Traffic Warden taking pictures of my back doors opened over the yellow lines and writing a ticket, Bloody jobswurf init?
Boss not impressed but has appealled with my pictures of doors opened and shut.

This week. Back to customer who short changed me, he did it again so I threw his money at him and took stock back to yard where my P45 was waiting for my arrival.

Gis a job I can do that init?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Sorry to hear the news Brian. Thats the thing these days mate. You're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Take the bloke who short changed you, if you went back down on takings who's fault would it have been.
Sure you'll get sorted out mate.
We could always have a civil uprising, oust Cameron and proclaim you as our rightful leader? just a thought :wink::funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
with a Traffic Warden taking pictures of my back doors opened

The mind boggles :vomit: :vomit:

Best of luck mate with finding a new job, I'm sure there's one out there that befits your outlook & experience, perhaps try applying to your local doctors as a receptionist :devil::kiss:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well I for one am never going to drink any alcohol again in support of you Brian.... probably!

I can understand that customer relations wouldn't be your forte as you are far to honest, maybe you should just look for a job where there is a dark room that can be locked from the outside that you are put inside at 09:00 and let out by a long piece of string at 5.
or
How about Lion taming? :funny:
or
the diplomatic corps? :funny:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Sorry to hear that mate, but if thats the kind of treatment you get for upholding the interests of an alledged boss then you dont need that boss. The moneys helpful, sure, but more so your integrity.

Guess having the money thrown back at him in your inimitable style could have been a bit counter productive!! Sorry having breakfast and the thought of your back doors open has put me right off.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Sorry about that Brian. your boss and customers clearly didn't appreciate you.
Hope you had a smile on your face when you through the money at him.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sorry to hear the news Brian. Thats the thing these days mate. You're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Take the bloke who short changed you, if you went back down on takings who's fault would it have been.
Sure you'll get sorted out mate.
We could always have a civil uprising, oust Cameron and proclaim you as our rightful leader? just a thought :wink::funny:

Ousting Cameron I whole heartedly agree with but me as leader, how dangerous would that be init.
Maybe David is right init?

the thought of your back doors open has put me right off.
I could have phrased better but you get the drift iiinit?

Well I for one am never going to drink any alcohol again in support of you Brian.... probably!

Appreciate the sentiment but I think you might just be going a tad over rthe top with your support Paul, I know also you tell lies init?

How about Lion taming?

I eat aminials init?

Thanks for the suppotive comments and I did giggle reading em
Love this place dun eye?

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Just heard on the radio that all & sundry are dropping Luis Suarez like a hot potato, perhaps you could apply as his personal assistant or agent :whistling::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I think there's a security company in Newcastle looking for a guard dog Brian. bit of a travel but all the meat you can eat and a maybe a few intruders legs to chew on as bonus.:whistling:

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
You should let BT see this, they will snap you up for their customer service in an instant:winking:

Seriously though mate that is not good news, and really sorry it had not panned out for you, it's their loss, but I sure something will come up, normally when you least expect it:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
No great loss really, it was only a little part tie job at low wages.
Every week they promised it will get easier while putting more upon me init?
I spent what I earned in my customers shops.
The Cheese Plate in Buntingford was a delight to visit with a beautiful assistant giving samples of their wares.
I spent £46.00 on cheeses, more than my day's wages.

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Sorry to hear that, but on another hand, sounds like you're better off out of there!

Fingers crossed that something suitable comes up.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).