• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen storage and display

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Guys I'm starting to build up a collection of pens now and hoping soon to either do a stall at a craft fair or in work ,( we have stalls in our works area sometimes) and was wondering how do you store your pens? and do you use stands for your pens when you sell them or just lay them out?
also how many pens make a good display ? I was aiming for about 60? :nooidea::nooidea:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
The only thing I can say is I went to a craft show and there was one turner there selling a mixture of bowls, turned items and pens. The pens were just laid out flat on the table and I thought he could've made a bit more effort to display them better, so if I were to do it I'd pick one of the several or maybe a mixture of display methods available from the likes of Vince at http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/shop/pen-display-range.html to display my pens. I'm sure others will have better ideas and I'll be interested to hear what they have to say too.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well I only sell pens and usually have about 100 on display but only because I can't make em buy em any quicker. Its a tricky question because it depends on the size of your table. You dont' want it to look empty and you don't want it to be crammed.

I keep them in leather(ish) pen cases that hold 26 pens each. Speak to Dan about getting you some and if he can't then pm me. On the table I have a mixture of pens on display racks, on acrylic blocks, a display case and flat on the table. I keep some back in the cases so I can replace empty spaces as they sell.

Matt

Registered
Not speaking from experience here but I think Paul has got it right, you want a mixture of different stands and displays to add some visual appeal to you're buyers :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).