• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Internet Issues

Jim

Grand Master
This morning i am unable to connect to any server outside the UK .. BT are having issues with their cable internet .. Never know this before?? :thinks:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
We rely so much on the internet nowadays, not having the internet feels like a bit part has been taken away from us.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
We rely so much on the internet nowadays, not having the internet feels like a bit part has been taken away from us.

Ridiculous how we have changed so much in the last decade or two, I wouldn't have a mobile phone cos I didn't want people ringing me when I was otherwise occupied init?
I have a nickname of Brigsy, came about when somebody said "You are bloody harder to get hold of than that whatsname Bleeding Ronny Briggs" it stuck forever.
My work was always, I will do it asap unless something more interesting comes along.

Now I can't bear to be out of touch with the whole flaming world init?

I have been having problems with my Virgin media cable connection all week (I think longer) and resorted to plugging my O2 dongle in for when connection drops.
Been FB'ing lots of peeps to do same, some have switched to satelite.
I phoned em to grumble and they told me they are aware and working on it some major works going on somewhere will be resolved by last week, still waiting.
I objected to paying for two services to do the job of one and they said they would give me this month free.
Did same with O2 and got a 2 gig free bonus and it ain't their problem.
It pays to complain if you do it right.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Please don't mention B.T. :vangry: although i have dump then for the phone and net now, Years ago i wanted a second line put in and asked the price having already found out was £70 on their web site! I was then given a stupid price way above what they had on their site, Lucky I always take screen shots of most things, I said it's £70 on your site, They said no it's so much I said I have it in black and white here,anyway the morons said well we cant get on to our site lol, I just got old of Offcom or whatever it was and let them sort it so they had to take the price what they had on the site, Funny enough i went to the site again and it had been taken off! useless lot, I think B.T. is about right = Bloody Tossers!:whistling:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Please don't mention B.T. :vangry: although i have dump then for the phone and net now, Years ago i wanted a second line put in and asked the price having already found out was £70 on their web site! I was then given a stupid price way above what they had on their site, Lucky I always take screen shots of most things, I said it's £70 on your site, They said no it's so much I said I have it in black and white here,anyway the morons said well we cant get on to our site lol, I just got old of Offcom or whatever it was and let them sort it so they had to take the price what they had on the site, Funny enough i went to the site again and it had been taken off! useless lot, I think B.T. is about right = Bloody Tossers!:whistling:

I think I get the feeling that you're not happy with them. :funny:

Ne neither but I had my rant in another post... Bloody helpdesk is as much use as a fart in as spacesuit.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).