• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from a new member

its_virgil

Apprentice Member
First Name
Don
Hello from Texas in the USA. I am new to this forum but not to other pen turning forums. I am quite active on pen turners.org (IAP) and the Y! pen turners group. I look forward to being an active member. I have been making pens for about 12 years. I cast snake skin pen blanks along with logos printed on Avery labels stuck onto tubes and cast in clear resin. Some members here may know me from other forums. I used the same username I use on other forums. I also write an article each month for More Woodturning called The Penturner's Corner and have a book recently published called Turning Modified Slimline Pens: Beyond the Basics which is available from distributers in the UK. Not sure which ones exactly.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Wooden Pens: Buy Handmade unique custom rattlesnake wood pens gifts fountain pen exotic wood from Red River Pens Some of the articles are posted here

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Don, and welcome to the forum. I just had a browse through your web site and I was well impressed there is some valuable information held there. I am sure that you will be a great contributor to the forum and I am looking forward to your posts

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Hi Don and welcome! I have found a number of your tutorials on IAP to be invaluable and am looking forward to learning more from you! :thumbs:

We're a little more relaxed and irreverent than IAP (because we are all certifiably bonkers - especially watch out for those who claim to be the only sane ones!) so loosen up your tie and join in the madness.

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Howdy as I believe they say in your neck of the woods. . Really helpful bunch this lot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Don. Your book is one of the few that is worth having and your snakeskin blanks are legendary, if only we could get rattlers or the skin here. JT was a member briefly, but I don't think it was exiting enough for him, I hope you stick around longer.

Peter

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Don, welcome aboard this goodly ship of ours. It's kinda different here - most of the inmates are lunatics! Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff!

Bob.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Don. I don't know what the others are talking about when they say its a MadHouse... I find it perfectly normal!

I've looked at your web site and wish I'd found it a while back. Some of the things I've been making and trying to constantly improve are there already. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff and hopefully you'll participate in the banter and general helpfulness we have on the site.
Hopefully the British humour won't come across as anything else either
:thumbs:

Is the Virgil bit a reference to Thunderbirds?

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome Don,

I have a copy of your book, followed your work on IAP and have seen and used your tutorials.

This forum is nothing like the IAP, thankfully..:devil:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Some great fellas and woman on the IAP just like here Don welcome mate say hello to Seamus up the road from you about ten minutes away. I have fond memories of our swap time on the IAP and have very special pens from you both.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).