• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My First Post and My First Siearra

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Well here goes this is the first Sierra that I have ever done. Sorry about the Photo Quality I only have my iPad camera. It is a purple and pink Inlace Acrylic. Slate me if you wish

:sob:Vic:sob:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 71

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Well Vic, I for one do love the acrylics, and this blank on this pen is spot on. The colours of the kit and the blank equally contrast and compliment each other beautifully:claps::claps:

Jim

Grand Master
Sadly i can't find anything wrong with the pen to slate you Vic .. :ciggrin: It does look good and the image isn't that bad to say you have taken it with an Ipad my friend .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Vic in fact bloody well done the only thing I would change is get rid of the box it hems the pen in but thats just me mate give yourself a big pat on the back

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I did a Sierra in this blank and when I'd finished I realized I could see the brass tube showing through which I think you do too. However it compliments the colour if the blank and I was relieved to have got away with it.

A nice pen and we'll finished

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I did a Sierra in this blank and when I'd finished I realized I could see the brass tube showing through which I think you do too. However it compliments the colour if the blank and I was relieved to have got away with it.

A nice pen and we'll finished

Yes you are right ! When you really look you can see the brass tube but as you say it compliments the colours of the blank and you can get away with it.
Not a problem anyhow as the Mrs has claimed it.

:thumbs:Vic :thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Never done a Sierra yet but I hope its as good as yours when I do. Big well done pal :thumbs:

Matt, I had only done Slimlines until I had a go at the Sierra. I must say that they are so easy to do compared to the Slimlines.

I purchased the kits off Dan.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Slate me if you wish

Now then where is my slate?
Vic I rarely say anything if at all, nice about plastic pens but I don't gonna rip into your first attempt.
As you say sierra's are actually easier than slimlines, the reason for starting on slims is for cost not for ease.
You also have discovered the benefit of painting tubes / blanks so nothing to say there.
Only comment I will add is edit the pic a touch to crop closer, saving screen space for those who would like to view on their phones and phablets etc.
Like this.
image.jpg

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Now then where is my slate?
Vic I rarely say anything if at all, nice about plastic pens but I don't gonna rip into your first attempt.
As you say sierra's are actually easier than slimlines, the reason for starting on slims is for cost not for ease.
You also have discovered the benefit of painting tubes / blanks so nothing to say there.
Only comment I will add is edit the pic a touch to crop closer, saving screen space for those who would like to view on their phones and phablets etc.

Like this.
View attachment 7903

Cheers Grump all you said is taken on board apart from the technical computer bits. As I said in another post I am good at turning my iPad on I am an expert at turning it off bit the bit in between :nooidea: With regards to your comment about cropping, the last time I got anywhere near to that was years ago when I used to visit the barbers and ask for a crop 2 !

:funny:Vic:funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bless ya mate, get a 6 year old to show you how to do it, bloody kids these days are born into it.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well I'm going to have to bank a slating because it looks ok to me. You're right that they're very easy to make and I do them when I need to make several at a time. I've just come out of the shed having made 3 :thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Good looking pen mate, all's been said re painting tubes (we've all been there), how did you polish it ?

Love Sierras, could do them all day. 2 pens out of one blank suits the tight arse in me as well :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).