• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Which Camera

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Nikon D4S is the one you want, it does 11 frames a second. There is nothing wrong with your iPad. Buy a camera and you have to learn a whole new set of things, if you can't do it with your iPad you will find it more difficult with a digital camera. If you have to get one then look at Terry's or Woody's.

Peter

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Nikon D4S is the one you want, it does 11 frames a second. There is nothing wrong with your iPad. Buy a camera and you have to learn a whole new set of things, if you can't do it with your iPad you will find it more difficult with a digital camera. If you have to get one then look at Terry's or Woody's.

Peter

Nikon D4S is a cheap camera Peter only £6000 LOL :sob::sob::sob:

Mine is a Nikon P520 retails at £240. !!!

What camera do you use Peter ????

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Whoa , steady on Vic, pull the reigns back a bit lad.
Nothing wrong with your pics that a bit of extra light won't put right.
They don't gotta be fantastic, visible is all that's required init?
A bit of software works wonders. PaulM put a good link up to a free program that does the job of cropping and resizing etc.
Run a search for photopad that is I think what it is called.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Nikon D4S is a cheap camera Peter only £6000 LOL :sob::sob::sob:

Mine is a Nikon P520 retails at £240. !!!

What camera do you use Peter ????

I use a D3, but my everyday camera is a D200

Whoa , steady on Vic, pull the reigns back a bit lad.
Nothing wrong with your pics that a bit of extra light won't put right.
They don't gotta be fantastic, visible is all that's required init?
A bit of software works wonders. PaulM put a good link up to a free program that does the job of cropping and resizing etc.
Run a search for photopad that is I think what it is called.

The iPad is perfect for photos no software is needed everything is on board, easy to use and does a better job than a lot of paid for software.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I like the look of that D3 Peter certainly some camera !!!!:thumbs:

It's a tool, just as a lathe is, I have provisionally sold it as I will not need it after this year:banana::banana::banana:

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I use an old (7-8 years old now) Pentax K100D second hand 5 years ago. Any adjustments to light levels I do afterwards on the PC :whistling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The iPad is perfect for photos no software is needed everything is on board, easy to use and does a better job than a lot of paid for software.

Peter

I have to correct myself. The iPad does have editing software built in, but there are some really good photo apps ranging from free to £2.99 and well worth the money to be able to do a bit more than the built in software allows.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Buckeye;79240The iPad is perfect for photos no software is needed everything is on board said:
Say no more, there you go Vic just learn to use what you already have init?

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Say no more, there you go Vic just learn to use what you already have init?

More sound advice Grump. I have downloaded a free app for my iPad which lets me play around with the photos.
Also I will have a go at making a simple light box if I get a chance today.

I done another Sierra yesterday and after a little play with the photo editor I came up with this. Not brilliant but I will get there eventually.

PS you guys have saved me some cash as I don't think I will bother with a new camera and make do with the iPad.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 15

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Have a look to see if the software can change the levels. Most have some sort of auto-level. The resolution is also very low

Attachments

• vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 13

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Already that is better Vic, no need for a light box.
A light coloured background, Ed uses a cake box, I use a piece of A4 paper.
Take it to a light source, a window or a table in the garden.
Look at the picture you want to take and see where the best light is, position yourself so you are not blocking the available light.
Sit back and click, don't try getting too close to the subject let your new app do the rest.
Take a dozen or so at differing angles and edit them all, delete the ones you no want init?
Crop nice and close then work on the colours / brightness.
Have fun doing it.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Cheers Paul, I will keep having a play with the soft wear. Your image of the pen is very good. I am going to make a light box today so hopefully I will be able to get a better original to play around with

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).