• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Photographic Lighting Kit

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I don't know if it#s going to improve my photos or not, but a work mate gave me an EZ-Flo lighting kit.
EZ-Flo.jpg
Main problem I can see is it takes 4 times longer to put the lighting kit up than it does to take the photos :rant:
I'll be posting photos where I have used this lighting kit, of a couple of pen kits I made today.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's the sort of kit that you should leave set up, but I can understand why you wouldn't. I use something similar, but it is flash not lightbulbs, it's in the garage as it takes far too long to set it up for a pen shot. If I was shooting pens all day then I would set it up. I use it above the subject slightly lower at the front so that it is slightly pointing backwards.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I thought they looked nice and bright already commented before seeing this.
I reckon a big difference, what do you think/
As many say it really is about light and focus not the money the camera cost init?

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I can't actually see much difference between the photos using the lighting kit and the ones I was doing before :bwink:
But I will carry on experimenting and see how it goes :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).