• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Only thing I tried with casting

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Found a couple of bits of P. E . That I tried casting a few years ago, trouble is couldn't fine 2 bits the same shade of blue, didn't even know i had saved em, anyway just to see what it turned like I done a Slimline, will turn em off and use the bits again!

2014-06-30 18.58.53.jpg
2014-06-30 18.58.29.jpg
2014-06-30 18.57.51.jpg

Sorry about the Pics!

Jim

Grand Master
You never told us what you thought about the castings BH .. :whistling: I would keep the pen myself to be honest, they don't come more unique than this my friend .. :thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
You never told us what you thought about the castings BH .. :whistling: I would keep the pen myself to be honest, they don't come more unique than this my friend .. :thumbs:

Sorry Jim I didn't think much of the polyester when I did it but i was very surprised how easy it was to turn, the bits were 2 that I found in a box, I thought i had dumped em all as it was about 3 yrs ago!:nooidea:

John Doyle

Apprentice Member
Sorry Jim I didn't think much of the polyester when I did it but i was very surprised how easy it was to turn, the bits were 2 that I found in a box, I thought i had dumped em all as it was about 3 yrs ago!:nooidea:

When i get back on deck i am about to embark on casting and stabelising. I have all the gear setup but have been laid low with a nasty virus and am in the process of regaining my strength and ability to walk . I am making good progress ................cheers

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
When i get back on deck i am about to embark on casting and stabelising. I have all the gear setup but have been laid low with a nasty virus and am in the process of regaining my strength and ability to walk . I am making good progress ................cheers

Wish you well John

Jim

Grand Master

Good to hear you are on the mend John, take care my friend ..

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

G'Day John, Welcome to the forum from the freezing cold centre of Aust.
What part of the great country do you come from?
Hopping your health improves soon.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).