• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Platinum Streamline

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is from a cast I made last week on Platinum Streamline.

Peter

DSC_0134.jpg
DSC_0135.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Nice shaping you have put on the plastic Peter, makes em individual init?
Good pics too.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Corker of a blank Peter and beautiful craftsmanship the way you have turned it. Photography is not too bad either !!! LOL.:ciggrin:
Which camera did you use???

Thanks Terry. It was a D200.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's from Timberbits.

Peter

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Thats a cracking blank Peter mate. Love the definition in the swirls. And the shape is beautiful! !:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I agree splendid twin victories, casting and turning a great weakness for ever IMHO has always been the skinny amount of material around the nib entry causing havoc for so many pens after a while this detail you employ serves a dual purpose in that this pressure in pressing and in use by the the pen grippers and leaning on now has a cushion for strength combined with a method of assisting the fingers slipping all the way down. Over the years I have spent so much time ie Parents days open days and grandparents school activities as a keen observer of how we handle pens, scary handling techniques abound, chewers and clickers. Commercial pens tend to skinny and tapered heavily to the tip so any and every attempt to change design and strength is to be applauded which I now reinforce and acknowledge. Many members on this site have characteristic designs that would raise shock horror criticism one time a favourite one still is hour glass, centre band, choked shapes in my experience many are sought out at selection time by prospective users.Then to the casting always a revelation how the colours react and flow your blank is delightfully random with pockets of perfection.

Kind regards Peter.:iknow::camera::claps:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I agree splendid twin victories, casting and turning a great weakness for ever IMHO has always been the skinny amount of material around the nib entry causing havoc for so many pens after a while this detail you employ serves a dual purpose in that this pressure in pressing and in use by the the pen grippers and leaning on now has a cushion for strength combined with a method of assisting the fingers slipping all the way down. Over the years I have spent so much time ie Parents days open days and grandparents school activities as a keen observer of how we handle pens, scary handling techniques abound, chewers and clickers. Commercial pens tend to skinny and tapered heavily to the tip so any and every attempt to change design and strength is to be applauded which I now reinforce and acknowledge. Many members on this site have characteristic designs that would raise shock horror criticism one time a favourite one still is hour glass, centre band, choked shapes in my experience many are sought out at selection time by prospective users.Then to the casting always a revelation how the colours react and flow your blank is delightfully random with pockets of perfection.

Kind regards Peter.:iknow::camera::claps:

Thank you Peter. I first started using the nib design after realising that it was far more comfortable using my fountain pen than a slimline for example and used the same sort of shaping, it does guide your fingers to sit comfortably without slipping down the nib or having a death grip. My wife also finds it much easier to hold with that design. I used to do it with wood as well, but there is always a problem with finishing with CA as it takes a lot of getting use to not to take it back to the wood right near the nib, so I usually just keep it for acrylic.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).