• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Look no silly clip.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I have a couple of posts to do tonight then I will be away from my lathe for a while so this is it until I get back.
Just a quicky on a slimline to try Walters finishing technique with ca.
Sorry Walter it didn't work for me, I am to slow and clumsy and kept wanting to press the button and make it spin.
All I managed to do successfully was stick the paper and my fingers to the blank.
Your way takes some amount of practice man.
I have had a great degree of success with Davids method which I think I will go back to.
I did stick with Walters way (Why does that sound like a TV program?) and this is the eventual result. Wish I could get my pictures as good as yours too, how do you picture that shine?

P1070432.resized.JPG

P1070433.resized.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
It don't look to bad George, maybe like you say the difference could be in the photo? I like how you have combined two different pen components to make this pen ...

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I have a couple of posts to do tonight then I will be away from my lathe for a while so this is it until I get back.

Its a very good effort mate, pen turning is all about practice, so i have no doubt that after a few more times you would crack it. :bwink:

Now dont you be away to long :mooney2:

creaky

Apprentice Member
Shame no fancy clip, I've just got some new sunglasses and wanted to try them out!!!!! :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
George i have every faith in you getting there, should you wish of course. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).