• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another 3D Printed Chuck.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I have had another go with the 3D printer, this time a copy of my old wooden chuck I used to use for drilling my pen blanks or for holding small pieces for turning
These are a lot lighter and pretty much as strong.

I will be printing a further enhancement of my version of the pen blank holder chuck I designed using Solidworks - hopefully over this coming week. If they are successful I will post them as well.

Thoughts:thinks::thinks:

Attachments

• green small chuck1.jpg
    green small chuck1.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 73
  • green small chuck2.jpg
    green small chuck2.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 73

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That also is superb, I wish the 3D printers that could print that were in price range:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very handy set of jaws Rowdy Axminster have stopped sell them now well done mate

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That's amazing Rowdy, I really, really want one of them 3d fancy printer thingymebobs:sob:

Incredibly useful and eventually within reach of "normal" people even if just for hire. Worries me somewhat as well however. No wonder they're increasing security at airports. Terrorists won't be making chucks!:nonono:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
On the next print of version 2 of my Pen Blank Chuck I will cost it up for you all.
Just brought a reel of my own so I can work from that.:bwink:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).