• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from Timberbits

Timberbits

Turner
Apprentice Member
Hi PenTurners,

I'd like to introduce myself and my company.

Timberbits is a family run operation based in Sydney, Australia. (Sydney time is hours +10GMT.)

I'm proud to say that what started as a hobby is now a full time passion.

I am often away from the office, out fishing, doing deliveries and pick-ups or in the workshop (the place I love the most.)

I too am a pen turner. I have converted this hobby into a passion. I currently make pens and timber items for woodworking galleries, jewellers and special corporate orders.

I have turned thousands of pens and continue to do so, I'm roughly on 15,000 and still counting! This actually business started accidentally. At the time, there wasn't a huge range of kits available; so I started importing pen kits, first from the USA for myself, but as the volume increased, directly from China and Taiwan.

Being a maker for the galleries and tourist centres, I designed and had the factories manufacture the pen kits to specific Timerbits specifications.

As a serious pen maker, I understand the importance of quality, longevity of hand made pieces and hard wearing - long lasting platings. We are proud to offer kits made in Taiwan plated in Gold Titanium, Rhodium and Platinum - the best plating you can get in pen kits. On the flip side we also have the more traditional plating options; upgrade gold, chrome, etc.

I also understand the other side of pen making. The person who does it for fun, the beginners who like to work with a budget, the retiree who has to live within his means but loves making pens. Price is important - get the beet bang for your buck.

As you can probably sense, I am passionate about pen turning. I hope some of this passion rubs off on you and you create wonderful hand made pens that you can share with the world on this forum!

Cheers,
David

Jed Baxter

Registered
Thanks David for the efforts you have putin to help us who share this hobby, and welcome to the forums:bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Hi PenTurners,

I'd like to introduce myself and my company.

Timberbits is a family run operation based in Sydney, Australia. (Sydney time is hours +10GMT.)

I'm proud to say that what started as a hobby is now a full time passion.

I am often away from the office, out fishing, doing deliveries and pick-ups or in the workshop (the place I love the most.)

I too am a pen turner. I have converted this hobby into a passion. I currently make pens and timber items for woodworking galleries, jewellers and special corporate orders.

I have turned thousands of pens and continue to do so, I'm roughly on 15,000 and still counting! This actually business started accidentally. At the time, there wasn't a huge range of kits available; so I started importing pen kits, first from the USA for myself, but as the volume increased, directly from China and Taiwan.

Being a maker for the galleries and tourist centres, I designed and had the factories manufacture the pen kits to specific Timerbits specifications.

As a serious pen maker, I understand the importance of quality, longevity of hand made pieces and hard wearing - long lasting platings. We are proud to offer kits made in Taiwan plated in Gold Titanium, Rhodium and Platinum - the best plating you can get in pen kits. On the flip side we also have the more traditional plating options; upgrade gold, chrome, etc.

I also understand the other side of pen making. The person who does it for fun, the beginners who like to work with a budget, the retiree who has to live within his means but loves making pens. Price is important - get the beet bang for your buck.

As you can probably sense, I am passionate about pen turning. I hope some of this passion rubs off on you and you create wonderful hand made pens that you can share with the world on this forum!

Cheers,
David

And the rest is history ... :ciggrin:

Thanks for joining us David ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).