• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from Somerset

neilhh

Apprentice Member
First Name
Neil
Ive never turned a thing in my life!

Got my first lathe and looking forward to having a go, would really like to get into pens.

Great to have a look around the forum and see the great work that people are producing.

Neil

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Neil.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome to the forum Neil :thumbs:
They're all mad in here you know :ave_it:
So pull up a couch and the psychotherapist will be along to see you soon :funny:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome where in zomerzet are you, there's a couple of residents/inmates who may too near you for comfort.

Or they may be able to help you get started.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Neil, there are a few of us in here that have done exactly what you are doing now .. Buy a lathe then learn .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Neil and welcome your now a lost soul to the dark art of turning you poor thing

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Neil I to am in Somerset and would be happy for you to come up and have a look and a bit of banter. I've got plenty of wood you can take home too.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome aboard Neil, you have now officially lost your mind....:devil:

Enjoy the banter and learn on the way eh!

Look forward to sewing your work develop..:thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Allo Neil. That's exactly how I got into turning. Just decided to buy a lathe one day as I'd never done it before and after a couple of weeks, I was hooked. You won't be disappointed, its fantastic!! A very warm welcome!! :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).