• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Donation Auction

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Neil you do realise that you will now require two helpers with the auction :frenchkiss:

One to advise you of the bidding updates online, while your selling to the "live" audience
and one person to show off the lots :face:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
You can rely on me for charm, diplomacy and tact init?
Looking good but I don't seen me colejaws in there, who stole em?
Shed loads to go up yet Brian. But Paul is going like the clappers!
As for who stole the cole jaws, are they are still in your shed?:devil:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Neil you do realise that you will now require two helpers with the auction :frenchkiss:

One to advise you of the bidding updates online, while your selling to the "live" audience
and one person to show off the lots :face:

I can already see the young lady showing off the ..... stop it.... stop it... :funny::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
All of the current donations are now on the auction site. There is a fantastic range so far but that could be increased if you have anything to spare. If you do, please pm me details including a photo and it'll be on the auction faster than a speeding bullet. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
So that people can bid on Neils Auction on the day I've added the ability for people to see the current price and put a bid in, in real time. I'd like to give it a try at some time so if you're online, please go to

Neil Lawton Auction | Neil Lawtons Auction

and I'll have a practice auction at 15:30. Please type your name and I'll know you're in. I'll run it as if its a real item and please bid. Bids from me will be as if its in the auction room itself.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I guess most people are at work but PhilH joined and we had an auction together. He won :funny:

The live auction seemed to work very well so maybe we could have one with a lot more people to see if it stands up and if its a viable option for those that can't attend on the day.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sorry Paul I was out in the workshop I will do my best for your next trial run

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That's a great little auction site Paul, top marks to you for doing it init?
I set one up before elsewhere and soon got the raving hump with it, I know the head scratching involved.
There were legalities too that reared their ugly head very quickly and made it not worth the effort in the end.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That's a great little auction site Paul, top marks to you for doing it init?
I set one up before elsewhere and soon got the raving hump with it, I know the head scratching involved.
There were legalities too that reared their ugly head very quickly and made it not worth the effort in the end.

Thanks Brian,
I hope that we don't need to get involved in any stupidity (legalities) and can just run this through as its meant to be, a money making exercise for a good cause... fingers crossed.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Sorry Paul I was out in the workshop I will do my best for your next trial run

I'll give you some more notice next time Woody. I just wanted to prove the concept which I did with Phil. Next time it would be good to do it with several people to see how it stands up.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).