• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mk 2 Pen Blank Chuck.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
As you would have probaly seen from my 3D Printing endeavours.
I was not quite happy with the first version of my Pen Blank Chuck. So out came the Solidworks drawing package and completed a re-design.
Finished printing it off today, each chuck takes 5 hours to print... but what a difference.
Even changed the colour to something more becoming than Green.

Thoughts

Attachments

• grey chuck1.jpg
    grey chuck1.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 93
  • grey chuck2.jpg
    grey chuck2.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 91
  • grey chuck3.jpg
    grey chuck3.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 91

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
I was not quite happy with the first version of my Pen Blank Chuck. So out came the Solidworks drawing package and completed a re-design.
Finished printing it off today, each chuck takes 5 hours to print... but what a difference.

Thoughts

want one :-)
looks like an sk100 chuck to me...so would be perfect

Steve

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter

Thoughts

Rowdy a wonderful production excellent illustration of running as well. I am amazed at the technology and your application of it in use. This chuck should serve you well mate.

From over here this morning. Peter.:noway1::camera::claps:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's looks great, but so did the others, did you manage to price it up for the materials used?

Peter

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Peter.

Material Costs estimated £2.00
Out of a reel of ABS I estimate that you could make at least 5 Sets of these at 50% fill.
Print Time - 10Hours.
:banana::banana::banana:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter.

Material Costs estimated £2.00
Out of a reel of ABS I estimate that you could make at least 5 Sets of these at 50% fill.
Print Time - 10Hours.
:banana::banana::banana:

Is that 10 hours for 5 sets or 1 set? The material cost is incredibly low. I didn't realise that you could change the fill rate, I thought it would just be 100% solid. It certainly is a fantastic technology.

Peter

kjmc1957

Registered
Rowdy

Love it, am I seriously the only one who'sthinking "will he make one for me if I say please" or have you all done that by PM....damn I should have thought of that...:winking: Please Pleeeeese Please

Regards

Kevin

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Is that 10 hours for 5 sets or 1 set? The material cost is incredibly low. I didn't realise that you could change the fill rate, I thought it would just be 100% solid. It certainly is a fantastic technology.

Peter

That's 10 hours per set + and say 15 mins setup....per set

:thumbs:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
If you are lucky you can, but like all new technologies it will do something unusual while you ain't watching it... :nooidea:
I lost 2 attempts on the Mk2 version just doing it overnight... both crapped out after about 1.5 hours.

Paul

Fellow
I think the price of the materials is crazy, with what can be done, but the art / skill is in your engineering design.

Whilst we can all clearly recognise your skill, perhaps this link to another design would illustrate it better......

XYZprinting Cloud Service

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).