• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Setting time?

Robert

First Name
Rob
Me and the boy have bought some resin & paints, so are having fun doing a bit of casting. Mixed results so far, lost 2 batches because we didn't realise they were setting and ended up with cups of jelly! But we are having fun learning as we go along.

Of the ones we have completed ok they set overnight and look good (will try and turn one later, will post pic if successful).

Anyhow, my question is, what is the normal setting time? We made some at 11.30 this morning, when can we safely remove them from the tubes?

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Good fun ain't it. I usually leave em 24 hrs to fully cure. But humidity and ambient temperature play a part. It will probably go " off " in a few hours and can be heated in an oven to speed up the process but this is something I personally don't do.
Good luck Rob. Looking forward to seeing the results.

And, most importantly, you're having fun and spending time with your boy, not much else matters :wink: :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
As Brody says 24 hours should be sufficient in this weather we are having Rob, good to see you and the youngster are having fun doing this, look forward to seeing the results .. :thumbs:

Robert

First Name
Rob
It broke :sob:

Still, the boy made some keyrings for presents for his mates (well, he turned them, I shaped them, and he sanded/finished them) :banana:

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).