• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

small piece of corian

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
30mm thick ice white
should keep me busy:wink:

Attachments

• DSCF5859.jpg
    DSCF5859.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 64

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
If it corian it has to be glued as the thickest sheet they make is 12mm and some time the glue joint looks great till you cut it then you can see straight though it Jim had some I will find a picture

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
If it corian it has to be glued as the thickest sheet they make is 12mm and some time the glue joint looks great till you cut it then you can see straight though it Jim had some I will find a picture

No it isn't Alex, they do some at 19mm but only a restricted range of plain colours. They also do 4mm.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I was led to believe that this was Corrian and it is 25mm thick and is not glued. I recovered it from a skip belonging to a local Bespoke kitchen manufacturer.

The dark piece is about 700mm x 600mm x 25mm thick . I have made some pens with it and it machines and polishes well.

Haven't got any pictures of the pens as I sold them

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 25

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Lots of kitchens get sold as corian when they aren't.
There are many high pressure extrusions which mimic corian and are actually just as good.
It's all in a brand name we like labels in this country.
Someone was slagging off Aldi stuff as crap but they are a German company who don't put up with crap so who knows???
The Apollo stuff that Twister has carries a ten year warranty and will make excellent weeding pens init?
I bought a battery drill from Aldi at the weekend for £20.00.
It has a 3 year warranty how bad is that? The previous one of same make is still a good un but the battery has lost it's guts, cheaper to buy a new one than get a battery init?
While on holiday last week I was paying €4.20 for a pint of San Miguel in the English bar, it was a weak orrible warm pint in a dirty glass.
Went to the German bar to watch the soccer wearing my Brits abroad T-shirt and paid €1.60 for the same beer not watered down in a clean cool glass and a clean cool environment.
It's only us idiots that put up with crap.
My new motto for olidy's is, make the Krauts your best friends. 5 - 0 in 30 minutes I was too drunk to watch any more, sat in a corner signing old time war songs to meself init?

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Lots of kitchens get sold as corian when they aren't.
There are many high pressure extrusions which mimic corian and are actually just as good.
It's all in a brand name we like labels in this country.
Someone was slagging off Aldi stuff as crap but they are a German company who don't put up with crap so who knows???
The Apollo stuff that Twister has carries a ten year warranty and will make excellent weeding pens init?
I bought a battery drill from Aldi at the weekend for £20.00.
It has a 3 year warranty how bad is that? The previous one of same make is still a good un but the battery has lost it's guts, cheaper to buy a new one than get a battery init?
While on holiday last week I was paying €4.20 for a pint of San Miguel in the English bar, it was a weak orrible warm pint in a dirty glass.
Went to the German bar to watch the soccer wearing my Brits abroad T-shirt and paid €1.60 for the same beer not watered down in a clean cool glass and a clean cool environment.
It's only us idiots that put up with crap.
My new motto for olidy's is, make the Krauts your best friends. 5 - 0 in 30 minutes I was too drunk to watch any more, sat in a corner signing old time war songs to meself init?

Grump I totally agree with your comments and like you had supped a few when Gemanys 5 Goal went in.

Didn't play as well in the final but in the end got the result that they wanted only wish it had been England.

I have cut a couple of the Corian or whatever it is blanks this afternoon and will knock a couple of pens out. I can't remember what it looked like finished.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).