• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Franchini Cameleon Protype

trapper

Registered
Here is a picture of the pre production prototype of a pen hopefully to be made available as a kit.The Finnial/cap was intended to be fitted with a stylus but it needs slimming down to be more in proportion to the front section and grip. The center body is removable so that fashionistas can change the appearance to match whatever. The body section is tubless and is no more than a sleeve to the remaining pen. This is the subject of the tutorial now being written hopefully to be posted this coming weekend

Attachments

• steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
The pen looks good, but seems odd under the clip, or is this the the picture slightly out of focus? :thinks:

Jimjam, you just may get a lecture from Jim about his work hours, as he is the only person in the UK who works 60 hours a week. :whistling:

trapper

Registered
We, George and myself, are working on it!!!! but not yet found a project....... I have in mind something like a rollerball twist retractable but my minds well boggled on it at the mo:thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Jimjam, you just may get a lecture from Jim about his work hours, as he is the only person in the UK who works 60 hours a week. :whistling:

Not a lecture, but he does need educating ... :ciggrin:

Steve, you are on your way to been a UK pen kit maker for sure ... :thumbs:

trapper

Registered
Ok after much frustration and cussing......... here's the Cameleon that the tutorial will be written against. Same as before but slimmer and redesigned Finnial. The Center section or Sleeve is turned from aluminium and remains removable and interchangeable with alternative Sleeves. This sleeve has been electrodipped painted and is something I have not quite got right....... too much current I think (35amps @ 12 volts). I think I'll revert to annodising.

Attachments

• DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 12

trapper

Registered
Sorry Guy s

I'm using my phone for the pics until "Ebay" deliver the new camera......... and I get to find it's on/off, do this - do that switch, I'm a woody not no techo!!!!

Jim

Grand Master
Keep at it Steve, don't let the blind members get in our way ...:ciggrin: The pen is looking good, but i am not up to electrodipped painting at the minute,so look forward to seeing all about this in the tutorial ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).