• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Platinum Streamline in Acrylic

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is a cast with aluminium swarf in the resin on a Platinum Streamline.

Peter

DSC_0145.jpg
DSC_0146.jpg

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I really appreciate the work that you have put into this one Peter but for my liking if it were a little slimmer in the middle it would be spot on. But that is only my opinion and some people prefer the more bulbous style. From the turning skills it is spot on !!!!:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Does it for me peter, good to see a different style of pen my friend .. great casting .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I am experimenting with thicker pens, although this is one blank that would be better thinner as it would show off more of the swarf.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That's an interesting blank Peter, I like the shaping apart from the belt being to tight on the belly init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I like the blank, its very interesting but think that the shape probably looks better in the hand than in the picture.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Got to agree with everyone else Peter, smart blank . . . . . . not sure about the shape though. Good finish and turning as usual.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Thanks for the comments, I have decided to slim it down a little to see more of the swarf so will see if it looks better or not:thumbs:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is the same pen with the blank slimmed down, it does show a bit more of the swarf as was expected.

Peter

DSC_0084.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I liked the shape before but wasn't sure about how the blank looked.

But I like it on both counts now Peter, stunning blank now we can see the effects.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
I liked the prototype Peter, but seeing this i can see why the comments of approval are coming in .. The more i look at this the more i see a leather effect with stitching ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).