• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Reamer Wanted

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Reamer Wanted.

The top case has the tranny jammed in it,
The second is a bullet pen made long time ago from different components.
Bottom shows how far the tranny has to go into the tube.

I tried running a close size drill down the tube. Sand paper wrapped around a drill shaft but no luck. :down:

trapper

Registered
forget the reamer 6.35 = 0.25" adrill bit that size is £1.00 a reamer £7 - £15 depending on quality. I agree with the thought of turning the brass bush on the lathe against some emery paper or a fine file even, just remember it needs to be a tight fit or the trans wont work.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Would the wall thickness allow you to reduce it? :thinks:

:nooidea: But I think if I can get pasted the primer area of the case I should be right.

last resort an old round chainsaw file broken at the corrisponding width maybe :thinks:

Haven't got one the same size but tried one that is a bit smaller and this made a tapered hole. :duh:

Lateral thinking: could you reduce the diameter of the transmission, perhaps by running it on the lathe and sanding with some fine sandpaper?

:nooidea:

Might work, worth a try.:up:

forget the reamer 6.35 = 0.25" adrill bit that size is £1.00 a reamer £7 - £15 depending on quality. I agree with the thought of turning the brass bush on the lathe against some emery paper or a fine file even, just remember it needs to be a tight fit or the trans wont work.

Tried drills but I only have metric and imperial set , the metric set goes from 6.0 - 6.5 - 7.0
and 1/4" - 17/64 - 17/64 :2cry:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).