• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Unknown Pen Blanks

Jim

Grand Master
Guys i am looking for help identifying these blanks. I was given an amount of wood yesterday and today i began cutting them up for pen blanks .. There are a few pieces that i can't identify, but will start with these first ... :nooidea:

They do look similar to Snakewood ... :thumbs: But unfortunately i know they are not ... :down:

unknown_dark_wood.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Frankie, i have never worked with She Oak, so i don't know, i will look it up ... :bwink:

Just googled "She Oak" ... Well it certainly has similarities Frankie, but not 100% sure ... Yet!! :bwink:

Last edited:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
It looks more like leopardwood in this morning light what do you think so I'l change that to leopadrwood .:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Doing some cutting today i came across some Rapala Lacewood, looks very similar to this wood???? Didn't realise i had so much of this ... :goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).