• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Overworked my Bandsaw

Jim

Grand Master
Because i wanted to keep the blanks square that i was cutting today i decided to use a bandsaw blade that i have had a while the sizes are 1/2" x .025" 24 tpi ...

I would have thought that the blade would have lasted me thru the pile, how wrong was i :whistling: ... I have made a mental note never to buy a blade with so many teeth in such a small area again ... :goesred:

Jim

Grand Master
I have never been as low as 3 tpi David, i may give this a try on my next purchase ... :bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
still looking for my band saw.........:goesred:

do they go through blades quite often???

Jim

Grand Master
The main reason i have a high TPI is because when doing the cuts for a Celtic Cross it leaves it very smooth and clean, a blade with a low TPI leaves it all wavy and lumpy which shows on the finished article ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
The main reason i have a high TPI is because when doing the cuts for a Celtic Cross it leaves it very smooth and clean, a blade with a low TPI leaves it all wavy and lumpy which shows on the finished article ... :thumbs:

You'll need a couple of different blades. I hope you have the more 'posh' BS300 with the quick blade change. Mine's the economy model which makes blade changes a bit of a pain in the proverbial ... :down:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).