• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

50 Cal

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A special request for an armourer that's retiring on Thursday. A 50 cal with Ebony. I used the nib from a handbag pen to finish it off. It still needs a bit of polishing but it'll be ready for Thursday.

Attachments

• 50cal.jpg
    50cal.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 44

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sorry mate, having made a few of these I think it's ugly, cumbersome, heavy and uncomfortable but that's only my opinion.
I understand your reason for making it and I hope he will be very happy to receive it.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Very well made pen Paul :thumbs:
I saw some 50 cal's for sale at a WWII re-enactment event at Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire at the weekend. I think they were asking between £5 and £7.50 each but they were pretty battered.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).