• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Looking for pen clips

InkyFingers

Hi All,

I've nearly collected all the bits together to start making kitless pens but I'm still missing the pocket clips. I'm looking for a simple clip ie not a bolt action/golf club etc.

I search this forum and the web and only found one supplier (penkits) who are out of stock at the moment of the "Fancy" one and the other is a little to plain for my taste.

Where do you guys get pen clips from? I could buy cheap pen kits and raid the clips but that seems a bit wasteful.
I'd prefer UK supplier for simplicity and postal delays.

Cheers

Inky

InkyFingers

Paul, Many thanks for that, your a legend in my lunchtime. I though there was a supplier that did not appear in my searches. It also sells a lot of other useful stuff for kitless.

These are cheap enough for experimentation so I'll order some of these.

In addition to a previous thread of mine that you contributed to, I went for the 6.5x0.5mm and 7.5x0.5mm taps from silver pen parts so I can use Schmidt and Jowo nibs.

Many thanks

Inky

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Paul, Many thanks for that, your a legend in my lunchtime. I though there was a supplier that did not appear in my searches. It also sells a lot of other useful stuff for kitless.

These are cheap enough for experimentation so I'll order some of these.

In addition to a previous thread of mine that you contributed to, I went for the 6.5x0.5mm and 7.5x0.5mm taps from silver pen parts so I can use Schmidt and Jowo nibs.

Many thanks

Inky

I haven't done any yet and haven't got the taps yet but will be very interested when you've done one.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Good luck with your project Inky.
I have a variety of spare clip in different sizes if you get stuck.
An ebay search reveilles some interesting clips.

First Name
Dan
Hi All,

I've nearly collected all the bits together to start making kitless pens but I'm still missing the pocket clips. I'm looking for a simple clip ie not a bolt action/golf club etc.

I search this forum and the web and only found one supplier (penkits) who are out of stock at the moment of the "Fancy" one and the other is a little to plain for my taste.

Where do you guys get pen clips from? I could buy cheap pen kits and raid the clips but that seems a bit wasteful.
I'd prefer UK supplier for simplicity and postal delays.

Cheers

Inky

if you want to let me know what typr of clips you are looking for i am happy to source for you.

InkyFingers

Many thanks for your offers of sourcing clips.

At the moment I'm going to experiment with the cheaper generic ones and then be more selective when I have a better idea of what I want.

I'll keep a link to this thread though.

I'll let you all know how I get on with the kit less asap.

Cheers

Inky

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Inky

Vince at The Turners Workshop might be worth an email. Last time I was in, apart from the usual clips available from most suppiers, he had a large box full of original pen clips from the old pen manufacturers. No idea of design or price but you never know and he's a really helpful guy.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).