• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first homemade

Robert

First Name
Rob
acrylic blank pen

Appreciate it's not perfect, shape is slightly wrong (bottom too fat) and there are some small air bubbles, and I've had a couple of failures along the way, but still, I'm quite pleased considering it's my (well, James & my) first successful one.

Good fun making it, will definitely be doing some more.

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_8418.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
As long as your enjoying yourself Rob then it has to be a winner mate looks good to me for first effort

Jim

Grand Master
As woody says, have fun learning rob, this blank looks very much like one of the first ones i did when starting with pr... Pen doesn't look to bad regarding the shape .. :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
It doesn't matter if it's not perfect Rob, they will get better with practice. The point is you and your son enjoyed yourselves making the blanks and the finished pen :thumbs:

Robert

First Name
Rob
this blank looks very much like one of the first ones i did when starting with pr...

So do you guys have any tips to improve things?

I think I need some better pigments to start, if anyone has a recommended source? And the colours didn't mix as well as I would like, although not too bad.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nice one Rob, you've created plenty of opportunities for yourself there :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The essence of true success is the learning curves we all need at this stage it its neat to get this result, congratulations.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).