• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Olive Wood

retreatjohn

Is Olive Wood any good for making pens, I have seen nicely figured Olive wood cutting boards here in Florida for about $10 (6 quid) probably get 8 or 10 pen blanks from a board, any thoughts?
John

Jim

Grand Master
John, some of the best pens that i have made were from Olive wood, it smells great and turns even better .. The more figure to it the better looking the pen is ... :thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Is Olive Wood any good for making pens, I have seen nicely figured Olive wood cutting boards here in Florida for about $10 (6 quid) probably get 8 or 10 pen blanks from a board, any thoughts?
John

Just look at Jim's gold streamline in olive wood that he has just posted and you'll have your answer!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

retreatjohn

2001-12-31 23.00.00-13.jpg
I hope I have attached a picture of the first pen I have made from the Olive Wood chopping board.
The pen is a 'Wall St. II' from Woodcraft, finished with 12 coats of CA.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).