• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gold & Silver Aero

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Woooooooo-hooooooo.

Aero gold & silver clicker with black acrylic "Merv" blank.

Same as the Sierra but slightly smaller diameter tube size.

Finally manged to get in the cave today sorting out some timber for a fruit bowl that someone wants.

So while gluing it up and waiting I decided to finish this one off. glued the tubes up what seemed like ages ago now.

Aero clicker.JPG

C&C welcome.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
First time I have seen one as well. Not sure about the button on the top :thinks:
But can't fault the craftsmanship :thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I cant get my head round that, an Aero (TB Lucida) as a click pen, what is the point of the metal work at the top that was used to house the twist mechanism, changed to a click pen?? Sounds a bit like a horse designed by a committee with the outcome being a camel?

Its a No from me!!

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea Neil.

I'm not sure about it but it feels quite nicely balanced and I have a regular that likes click pens so this one will go in that direction.

How did this weekend go at Midlands game fair?

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea Neil.

I'm not sure about it but it feels quite nicely balanced and I have a regular that likes click pens so this one will go in that direction.

How did this weekend go at Midlands game fair?

I'm knackered and grumpy! Got back an hour ago. Good show, loads of humour (apart from the dogs) and I must post a small video I took of one of the arena events - the Nuneaton Dog owners training display team - who perofmred some line dancing around their dogs!! Had the exhibitors in stitches and the organisers bemused. We ended up with chorus' of the song "Who let the dogs out" being sung from the craft tent. Not very professional but there was no one in the tents at the time.

Times are very tough indeed in the craft fair industry, and surviving is the name of the game, making money is generally not an option at the moment, things have really tightened up over the last four months, but hopefully things are turning. It was good to note that hand made items and expensive ones at that were selling, but the five quid stuff and the tat were not. I was delighted to see one of the Pristinas I made find a new home for a few quid less than three figures, I think I will get a few more of these!

Paid George Watkins a visit on the way to the show - George posts as Cornucoppia and makes some fantastic resin hybrid blanks. Expensive - yes but unrivalled in their composition. I will be putting them on some Roman Harvests tomorrow if I have time before I vanish off on my next UK tour, off to the North Devon Agricultural show on Wednesday, Transferring overnight and setting up for the Taunton Agricultural show on Thursday and again, an overnight to Sandringham for the three day Sculture, Art and Craft Fair next weekend,

Never been fitter since I passed thirty (which was of course the week before last, Thursday to be precise).

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm knackered and grumpy! Got back an hour ago. Good show, loads of humour (apart from the dogs) and I must post a small video I took of one of the arena events - the Nuneaton Dog owners training display team - who perofmred some line dancing around their dogs!! Had the exhibitors in stitches and the organisers bemused. We ended up with chorus' of the song "Who let the dogs out" being sung from the craft tent. Not very professional but there was no one in the tents at the time.

Times are very tough indeed in the craft fair industry, and surviving is the name of the game, making money is generally not an option at the moment, things have really tightened up over the last four months, but hopefully things are turning. It was good to note that hand made items and expensive ones at that were selling, but the five quid stuff and the tat were not. I was delighted to see one of the Pristinas I made find a new home for a few quid less than three figures, I think I will get a few more of these!

North Devon Agricultural show on Wednesday, Transferring overnight and setting up for the Taunton Agricultural show on Thursday and again, an overnight to Sandringham for the three day Sculture, Art and Craft Fair next weekend

So are you popping in for a coffee????

Jim

Grand Master
I would sooner have this click than the twist, it does it for me Eamonn, looks a classy pen .. I haven't made a Sierra pen for quite a while as i went off them for looking bulky, i bought a couple of Lucinda's from TB a short time ago, but didn't see these clickers .. The black blank goes well with the accents to .. :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
What an outstanding pen Eamonn it is smooth as silk I am all for a definite looking mechanism that invite pushing whereas most unconcious users do their best to destroy threads and the various twist methods employed but not obvious I never envy you guys that have to sell your work as you must be humiliated by the average punter at purchase time. I have seen hands so big used to wrench, destroy beautiful pens so often. It should appeal to Doctors and Nurses who will instinctively be at home operating the pen one handed.:claps::claps::itscool:

Kind regards Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's a cracker Eamonn, it has class all over it:thumbs:

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Looks fine to me mate although I am getting bemused by all the fancy names.
It's a Sierra click as far as I am concerned.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have got a sierra click kit, It doesn't look as nice as that one, however.

Peter

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
So are you popping in for a coffee????

Tranquiliser dart if you have one?

Love to but I'm on a really tight schedule so its probably not viable, got to get down to North Devon by three tomorrow to set up and then away from Honiton around 7.30 pm Thursday, eta Sandringham 0100 Friday morning to set up for a 0900 trading start.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I've got some tablets for the Mother in Law, I don't know if they'll be good enough Neil but I'm not sure what they do!

I'll maybe see you next time round, you buy old bee you :funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Looks fine to me mate although I am getting bemused by all the fancy names.
It's a Sierra click as far as I am concerned.

I thought that Brian, but the tubes are slightly smaller and in my opinion (only mine...:wink:) the kit has a better feel and finish than the sierra..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).