• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Turner's Bible

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
This title has yet to be released, i believe the release date is 1st Jan 2012

Pen Turner's Bible: The Art of Creating Custom Pens

View attachment 39

Product Description

Featuring more than 25 pen projects and using the latest hardware kits on the market, this helpful how-to journeys from carving basic implements to creating complex fountain pens. Beginning with a simple yet very elegant ballpoint, the steps in its creation are explained in detail while subsequent chapters and projects add additional complexity and techniques. The author's original designs for many unique tools are also included, discussing spiralling jigs in both the past and present and demonstrating their ability to produce the popular rope design as well as straight fluted or faceted pens. With tutorials on both wood and metal lathes, this guide goes beyond step-by-step processes, encouraging wood turners to use their imaginations and adopt this classic art as their own.

Jim

Grand Master
Found the one i was talking about Tony, but it is not the same as the book, the one i saw was this one ...

pen_turning_dvd.jpg

I guess it was the image that looked the same lol ... :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).