• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What a Day we had

Jim

Grand Master
Terry and me that is, he arrived at mine around 1pm he is on his way home just now 11.30 pm .. We went off to see Yorkie at Birstall Woodturning club strutting his stuff, he sure can make them blanks shine.. :thumbs: He brought over some great looking pen blanks that us Brits would die for which he kindly handed out. Anyone local to this place i would highly recommend them to join, some very friendly people run and attend this establishment. :ciggrin:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
so a good day for you it was a shame i could not come to see yorkie but we did not have time after we had travel up from sunny surrey but am going to visit the money pit tomorrow (turners retreat) so wish me luck

Jim

Grand Master
Alex, i bet you don't come away with out spending near on 100 quid ... :devil: Have a good day my friend ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Terry, we will all be expecting a concise, complete report about Jim's place shortly. Did he spring-clean for you? We're you treated with the proper decorum and respect? Was the tea served at the right temperature, and in bone china? Did you get the most comfortable seat at the lathe?

:face::face::face:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Terry, we will all be expecting a concise, complete report about Jim's place shortly. Did he spring-clean for you? We're you treated with the proper decorum and respect? Was the tea served at the right temperature, and in bone china? Did you get the most comfortable seat at the lathe?

:face::face::face:

And most importantly was yer pockets bulging and arms full with you must take some of this, do try this wood etc etc. :mooney2::mooney2::funny::funny:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
David. We had an excellent day yesterday meeting up with Yorkie and also pen turning discussions back in Jims workshop!!!

Yes Jim had a cleanup but it was a lovely turning environment and the tea and food was very welcoming thanks to Jim's wife!!!

Jim

Grand Master
And most importantly was yer pockets bulging and arms full with you must take some of this, do try this wood etc etc. :mooney2::mooney2::funny::funny:

You ought to have seen the sack he brought Mark, thought i was never going to fill it .... :whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
But i know you won't be making crap pens, so i am on winner ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Nice to hear you two hit it off and had a good day :thumbs: Sorry i couldn't make it guys. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).