• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Carbon Fibre Sleeves

Edward Po

Hi guys:

Any pen turner buy CF sleeves from Soller Composities for pen blanks? If yes, would like to seek advice on which type of CF sleeves to buy?

1. Composite Biaxial Sleeving under the heading Carbon Fibre Sleeve or,
2. Carbon Fibre UNI Sleeving under the heading UNI & Composite Tapes

Edward Po

Edward Po

I got the Biaxial sleeving.
Works fine. Be carefull of bubbles though.
Phil

Thanks Phil for your reply:winking: Do you happen to know what the difference between these two sleeves. Had asked the same question to Soller Composites via email about 7 days ago but did not recevices any reply

Jim

Grand Master
Had asked the same question to Soller Composites via email about 7 days ago but did not recevices any reply

I can't help with your question Edward, but Soller Composites seem like a reputable company, have you checked your spam box for their reply? I have had this experience on many occasions my friend .. :thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi guys:

Any pen turner buy CF sleeves from Soller Composities for pen blanks? If yes, would like to seek advice on which type of CF sleeves to buy?

1. Composite Biaxial Sleeving under the heading Carbon Fibre Sleeve or,
2. Carbon Fibre UNI Sleeving under the heading UNI & Composite Tapes

Edward Po

Hi Edward, I haven't used soller, I use the biaxial and this is where I get mine Carbon Fibre Braided Sleeve - Easy Composites

Regards
Peter

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Ok I'll ask ! How the bloody hell do you make pens from Carbon Fibre Braided Sleeving

:rolling:Vic:rolling:

:duh:Bet you this is a DUMB question I have asked and I am prepared for the flack but hey ho there you go:duh:

Edward Po

I can't help with your question Edward, but Soller Composites seem like a reputable company, have you checked your spam box for their reply? I have had this experience on many occasions my friend .. :thinks:

Hi Jim:

I checked my spam box, it does not contain any email from Soller. Perhaps they thought I am too far away from them to service me. :face:
Still my thanks to your suggestion.

Have a nice day

Edward Po

Ok I'll ask ! How the bloody hell do you make pens from Carbon Fibre Braided Sleeving

:rolling:Vic:rolling:

:duh:Bet you this is a DUMB question I have asked and I am prepared for the flack but hey ho there you go:duh:

There is no such thing as dumb question, everyone has to start as a novice:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter:

Thank you for your suggestion to buy from Easy Composites. I will order the Light Weight Braided Carbon Fibre Sleeve 10mm type. Hopefully this is the
right type and size

Hi Edward, You're welcome, the 10mm sleeve fits 4mm to 13mm so it will fit a good range of tubes. Have fun.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Until today, all the pen I turned used standard pen blanks and kits, I will post the photos of these pens if you don't find it boring.

We never get fed up of photos... in fact we require them :funny:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Until today, all the pen I turned used standard pen blanks and kits, I will post the photos of these pens if you don't find it boring.

We've shown you ours, it only fair we see yours:funny: It would be good to see anything you have made.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).