• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

2 Days and counting!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Went into work today and started sorting out the seating!
If I'd thought this through we could have had bids on the best seats!:funny:

I now have 16 upholstered "Tub" chairs, 4 Upholstered seat chairs, and the rest are folding plastic jobbies.

Please give up your seat for some one less able than you!
If there is a fight over seating, could some one please calculate the odds on the winner and we'll make more funds:face:

You will have to leave your seats for the CNC demonstrations as it is not possible to move some of the gear, so please remember to scent mark your chair! (the kids won't notice!):devil:

Keep you updated!
Neil

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I'm bringing a large felt tip pen and my name,s going on it.
Just like being back at school. Come to think of it we carved our names in those days.

Are we being searched at the door for knives Neil? :whistling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I'm bringing a large felt tip pen and my name,s going on it.
Just like being back at school. Come to think of it we carved our names in those days.

Are we being searched at the door for knives Neil? :whistling:

You might be now:bwink:

Peter

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Hope all goes well Neil mate, I kmow it must have been a hell of a lot of work. Just wish I could be there it would have been good to meet some of my fellow inmates.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I'm looking forward to it :thumbs:
Her in doors and I are making a long weekend of it, travveling up on Friday and home on Monday :banana:

First Name
Dan
Another item for your auction Neil.
Box full of mixed 2 and 3 inch Velcro backed discs. Must be at least 1000 discs if not more.

dbb1b8afc3f806fb58979ae317ea7bbf.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
This has now been added to the auction... For those not attending, get your bids in now as you only have till 11:00 tomorrow before the online auction is removed. the highest auction prices will then be the start (and maybe the finish) for the live auction on Saturday.

Grab a bargain... the discs that Dan has just donated has a current price of only £10.00

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
What cnc kit have you got

Too Much!

We haven't got much time on the day so I'll be demonstrating the capabilities of the centre lathe and the laser cutter. We may have the A3 router going as well but it will be jerry rigged up to an old laptop as we are having computers re imaged for some of the machines.
The whole department will be open on the day and every one is free to wander about and see what they want. As a total inverse of the modern environment I hope to have a rare colour film running from the 1940's. this shows kids in the old school making there own lathes by melting down parts from a crashed plane and casting and fettling them.
Not a computer, or PPE in sight!:bwink:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Too Much!

We haven't got much time on the day so I'll be demonstrating the capabilities of the centre lathe and the laser cutter. We may have the A3 router going as well but it will be jerry rigged up to an old laptop as we are having computers re imaged for some of the machines.
The whole department will be open on the day and every one is free to wander about and see what they want. As a total inverse of the modern environment I hope to have a rare colour film running from the 1940's. this shows kids in the old school making there own lathes by melting down parts from a crashed plane and casting and fettling them.
Not a computer, or PPE in sight!:bwink:

Can't wait just finished setting the cnc mill at work this morning in 5 weeks I have gone from knowing nothing to setting a machine by myself which I am very happy with

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).