• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Press

Jim

Grand Master
Talking with Terry yesterday we got on about the usage of a pen press, i have had one a number of years nw and wouldn't do without one. What are your thoughts on this? :thinks:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
After watching you Jim I agree a pen press is best as you don't have to mess around altering your lathe to make it a press etc. The only downside is that it is another £50+ which can be a burden on peoples pockets!!!:thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
After watching you Jim I agree a pen press is best as you don't have to mess around altering your lathe to make it a press etc. The only downside is that it is another £50+ which can be a burden on peoples pockets!!!:thinks:

I am going to see my mate, all i will have to say to him is "I bet that is difficult to make" then just wait a few weeks ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I dont have a press but i wouldnt mind one but the costs is a little steep for me. :goesred:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I said the same thing for years. Now at 85 I say the heck with it, I am worth it and bought one anyway. Would'n be without it now.:thumbs:

Old Corky
And quite rightly so, you enjoy it young man.
Anything else you may require? Treat yourself, you deserve it.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Guys,

Don't bother spending your hard earned cash on any fancy pen presses.....

I have been making and assembling pens for just a few years.. :bwink:

I have spent my wedge on many different types and I can't believe they are still coming out with "the ultimate pen pres" Bo**oks...:nonono:

I have used nearly all of the commercially available pen presses at one point or another over those years.. it wasn't until around a year ago I had the "eureka" moment.... :face::thumbs::ave_it:

Yes there is something so simple out there that can easily be made and you experienced pen makers out there and go! Why didn't I think f that...:nooidea:

Well what is it you ask:rolling: Well if I could put the picture on here I would, but this stupid forum still won't let me post pictures on an existing post:vangry:

So I will post it on a fresh topic... Bet you can't wait now...:ave_it:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I either use this:
http://www.penturners.co.uk/your-tips-jigs/481-pen-press-jig-useful-clamp.html
Or my lathe with jams I made for the job in the head and tails stocks.

Oh Doh.... seems like clumsy sod has done something similar.. Doh. Believ me, if you make one of these it will be the cheapest and easiest thing you have ever spent you time on..

Glad I'm not the only one on here that thinks simple is best.. first time I had seen this on any forums.. Just show I should read the full post before opening my gob:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).