• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Imposter

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I feel a bit of an imposter here as this involved no turning at all.
I don't have a lathe with me where I am.
I do have some acrylic tube, a sharp knife, some pen kits and the pen making bug.
I hacked this together in my spare time today with a bit of Faraday cage from some cable i found lying around and printed some paper black to line it with.
Bloody hell I had to be quick in taking the pictures with my new phone, it was stolen away from me and auctioned off making £65.00 for Help for Heroes.
I have orders for 4 more of them::fart::fart:
IMAG0162.resized.jpg
IMAG0158.resized.jpg
IMAG0155.resized.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
You never cease to amaze us George .. :bwink: I would love to see what you could do, had you got all the equipment available to us ... :thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
You never cease to amaze us George .. :bwink: I would love to see what you could do, had you got all the equipment available to us ... :thumbs:
I love all this flattery please don't stop making me feel good. I am afraid I am still messing around, a long way to go before I am anywhere near as good or confident as some of the work I have seen here.
I enjoy it and surely that is what a hobby is supposed to be, I do love the response I get from people when they see the finished article.
What they don't see is the glued fingers, the cuts and bruises sustained while cutting and scraping, the frustration of looking for the spring that pinged out over my shoulder, the snotty sneezy nose from the ca, the cracked barrel from inserting the nib off bonk and how on this earth can I manage to get blue utility paper in my ears and stuck to the back of neck much to other peoples amusement.
i was the result of much buffoonery this morning when I managed to superglue my right index finger to my top lip and my left hand to my pocket whilst trying to retrieve my Handkerchief. Dying for pee in the company of 3 female superior officers living up to name in true clumsysod style.
Is anybody here old enough to remember Norman Wisdom? I can put him to shame with some of my antics.
When I did eventually get sorted with the aid of some acetone I returned with a big red rash on my boat to find one of the ladies was stuck to the handrail and the other two rolling on the floor with laughter, Awaiting the result of my disciplinary action for this little mess

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
i was the result of much buffoonery this morning when I managed to superglue my right index finger to my top lip and my left hand to my pocket whilst trying to retrieve my Handkerchief. Dying for pee in the company of 3 female superior officers living up to name in true clumsysod style.
Is anybody here old enough to remember Norman Wisdom? I can put him to shame with some of my antics.
When I did eventually get sorted with the aid of some acetone I returned with a big red rash on my boat to find one of the ladies was stuck to the handrail and the other two rolling on the floor with laughter, Awaiting the result of my disciplinary action for this little mess

Spat milk out my nose reading that ... (Mouthful of muesli provided the ammo!)

George, I really appreciate how you are not limited by what you 'know' - possibly because you came to this hobby with no preconceived ideas. Without a lathe I would have given up, not built a stunning and ingenious pen!:up:

Jim

Grand Master
I love all this flattery please don't stop making me feel good. I am afraid I am still messing around, a long way to go before I am anywhere near as good or confident as some of the work I have seen here.
I enjoy it and surely that is what a hobby is supposed to be, I do love the response I get from people when they see the finished article.
What they don't see is the glued fingers, the cuts and bruises sustained while cutting and scraping, the frustration of looking for the spring that pinged out over my shoulder, the snotty sneezy nose from the ca, the cracked barrel from inserting the nib off bonk and how on this earth can I manage to get blue utility paper in my ears and stuck to the back of neck much to other peoples amusement.

George, can you stop posting up your pen pictures for a while and instead post some with you and you small mishaps, i loved Norman Wisdom so you will understand my request ... :funny:

Great write up my friend and quite amusing, whether it was meant to be or not ... :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).