• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Turners retreat open day

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
As the dust settles on Neil's excellent York gathering I was wondering if anyone was interested in meeting up at Turners Retreat?

Their open day is spread over the 13th & 14th of September, Saturday & Sunday.

Is anyone thinking of attending & if so which day?

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I would have to go on the saturday as I have to drive to work in south wales on the sunday.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I don't recovered from York yet, too early for me to say i think.
Much as I would like to I dunno init?

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I doubt I will be able to make it to this as we have a Viking show on the Sunday and I'll need to get stuff organised on the Saturday :rolling:
Next one for me will be Harrogate in November (but will have to be the Sunday) :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Ummm, a bit far after York although. Yandles is on at the beginning of September, anyone going there? Also Westonbirt Arboritum is next weekend. Last year it was excellent with load of wood and plenty of burrs to buy.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Violet has offered to do a curry for anyone who wants to come to the event but she would need to have a rough idea of how many would be going

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Violet has offered to do a curry for anyone who wants to come to the event but she would need to have a rough idea of how many would be going
That's a very generous offer Woody. The wife and I are going on the Sun but I think we'll be going back home as I'll have some pens to make. If you'll be there on Sun we'll see you there. :thumbs:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray

Jim

Grand Master
Well as it gets near the time for this event i can tell you that the War Office and myself will be there on Saturday .. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
I too will be there on the Saturday, will be getting there about 11 ish, got to drop Margaret & friend off in Bawtry first

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Yep Saturday for me with a bit of luck.

Would you like a lift up to Turners Mr Woody sire? I could drop off that Laburnum at the same time if you like

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Have a great time you lucky people, I will be thinking of you while making radiator covers from pallets.
Yuk, Yuk, Yuk, some people have no taste init?
Gotta save me money for Drains big birfdy init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).