PDA

View Full Version : What an excellent day out (Don't read this Alex)

Lons
17-08-14, 23:26
I knew you would Alex so especially for you..:alex:..........CNC, jabber, jabber, jabber, chainsaw, jabber,sanding disks, jabber jabber :ciggrin:

For everyone else.............

Thanks to Neil for a great day in York where I was privileged to meet the boss man, chairman, birdman, woody woodpecker and grumps twin brother among many others.

I don't know how you managed it Neil, you deserve a medal and I hope the powers that be sit up and take notice of your achievements. Credit to Paul as well for his very herculean drive to be part of the proceedings.:rock:
I was disappointed though as you said your partner would be there but brought your daughter instead. Same name I noticed so thanks for all the food Ali.:whistling:

I recognised Woody from half a mile away. Think it was the flat cap and the can clutched tightly in his hand.

Thoroughly enjoyed the demos by Walter and Phil and managed to spend a few quid with Dan the man. (Bring on the new kits Dan!).

Auction was a hoot. Woody bidding against himself. Chas with his lips stuck together whilst his missus spent a small fortune. Alex bidding on everything from 20p to 70.(How on earth did you manage to carry all those goodies Alex?) and Lainey who's favourite bid was a fiver. (Nice to meet you Lainey).

Which one of you sabotaged Walters blanks btw? Certainly wasn't me 'cos he knows where I live.
And what the hell happened to grumps? Why did he send his alter ego? I was expecting a grouch and met a nice friendly personable guy instead:nooidea:

It would be nice to think there might be a repeat event but can Neil take it now he knows what he's up against?

Grump
17-08-14, 23:43
a nice friendly personable guy instead

Oi that's me you're talking about, and saying sumfink nice init?

It was a pleasure to meet you to sir and the other faces I don't seen before.
I even bought some plastic just to wind everyone up and it worked.
Yes a great day and well done to all who made the trip and the organisers of the event.
A rest day for me today as I did overdo it a bit

wm460
18-08-14, 07:03
[B]

And what the hell happened to grumps? Why did he send his alter ego? I was expecting a grouch and met a nice friendly personable guy instead:

There you go, destroying the the image I had of Grumps:face:
Next thing you will be telling me there is no Father Christmas.:nonono:

Woody
18-08-14, 07:15
It was good to meet up with you as well Bob aint it funny how you get a image of people you have never seen before I thought you were young, good looking, slim and intelligent how wrong can you be :tongue::wink::winking::funny::funny::funny:

Lons
18-08-14, 07:19
Next thing you will be telling me there is no Father Christmas.:nonono:
Don't worry, there's definitely a Father Christmas - he lives just down the road from me. He's got the best ever part time job, only works one day a year:ciggrin:

Lons
18-08-14, 07:20
It was good to meet up with you as well Bob aint it funny how you get a image of people you have never seen before I thought you were young, good looking, slim and intelligent how wrong can you be :tongue::wink::winking::funny::funny::funny:

You didn't have your specs on woody:whistling:

Terry
18-08-14, 07:36
It was good to catch up with you Bob. It is good putting faces to names !!!:thumbs:

ataylor
18-08-14, 08:29
Good to here you all enjoyed the day. :thumbs:

paulm
18-08-14, 09:45
It was great to meet you as well Bob and thank you for the bits you gave me. I made a pen with one of the blanks yesterday, I'll put a photo up later, what is it, its not corian?

Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to meet everyone properly, it would have been good to have spent another day and had a proper chat to all.

Terry
18-08-14, 10:27
Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to meet everyone properly, it would have been good to have spent another day and had a proper chat to all.

I agree with you on that one Paul !!!

Grump
18-08-14, 11:21
Lets all go to Yandells and invade Paul init?

paulm
18-08-14, 11:31
Yeah, come on down here, I've got plenty of T bags, coffee, Thatchers, Mr Smiffs and other things that you have to be brave to drink.

bellringer
18-08-14, 11:35
I might come down on the Saturday but have to see my parents want a bloody lift to the airport

chas_41_uk
18-08-14, 17:01
Was good to meet you too Bob, those who I hadn't met before as well as those I had met at Newark earlier in the year :thumbs:
I agree there wasn't enough time to talk to everyone, but then again Her In Doors can talk for England :whistling:
I'm looking forward to the Harrogate show in August. Hopefully some of us can meet up there :ciggrin:

Did Alex say he had to take his parents to the airport? :thinks: PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :pint::pint::pint: :funny::funny::funny:

Jim
18-08-14, 17:40
Great to meet you Bob, even thou it was well in the afternoon .. :ciggrin:

bellringer
18-08-14, 17:50
Was good to meet you too Bob, those who I hadn't met before as well as those I had met at Newark earlier in the year :thumbs:
I agree there wasn't enough time to talk to everyone, but then again Her In Doors can talk for England :whistling:
I'm looking forward to the Harrogate show in August. Hopefully some of us can meet up there :ciggrin:

Did Alex say he had to take his parents to the airport? :thinks: PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :pint::pint::pint: :funny::funny::funny:

Just working on the plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil Lawton
18-08-14, 19:35
I was disappointed though as you said your partner would be there but brought your daughter instead. Same name I noticed so thanks for all the food Ali.:whistling:

It would be nice to think there might be a repeat event but can Neil take it now he knows what he's up against?

1. Sweet talking Bar Steward:funny:

2. Never say never again!:bwink:

Just managed to find time to open the bag of blanks you gave me Bob.
Some nice stuff in there:thumbs:

wm460
19-08-14, 08:36
I might come down on the Saturday but have to see my parents want a bloody lift to the airport

Tell them to get a taxi.:devil: