• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What an excellent day out (Don't read this Alex)

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I knew you would Alex so especially for you..:alex:..........CNC, jabber, jabber, jabber, chainsaw, jabber,sanding disks, jabber jabber :ciggrin:

For everyone else.............

Thanks to Neil for a great day in York where I was privileged to meet the boss man, chairman, birdman, woody woodpecker and grumps twin brother among many others.

I don't know how you managed it Neil, you deserve a medal and I hope the powers that be sit up and take notice of your achievements. Credit to Paul as well for his very herculean drive to be part of the proceedings.:rock:
I was disappointed though as you said your partner would be there but brought your daughter instead. Same name I noticed so thanks for all the food Ali.:whistling:

I recognised Woody from half a mile away. Think it was the flat cap and the can clutched tightly in his hand.

Thoroughly enjoyed the demos by Walter and Phil and managed to spend a few quid with Dan the man. (Bring on the new kits Dan!).

Auction was a hoot. Woody bidding against himself. Chas with his lips stuck together whilst his missus spent a small fortune. Alex bidding on everything from 20p to £70.(How on earth did you manage to carry all those goodies Alex?) and Lainey who's favourite bid was a fiver. (Nice to meet you Lainey).

Which one of you sabotaged Walters blanks btw? Certainly wasn't me 'cos he knows where I live.
And what the hell happened to grumps? Why did he send his alter ego? I was expecting a grouch and met a nice friendly personable guy instead:nooidea:

It would be nice to think there might be a repeat event but can Neil take it now he knows what he's up against?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
a nice friendly personable guy instead

Oi that's me you're talking about, and saying sumfink nice init?

It was a pleasure to meet you to sir and the other faces I don't seen before.
I even bought some plastic just to wind everyone up and it worked.
Yes a great day and well done to all who made the trip and the organisers of the event.
A rest day for me today as I did overdo it a bit

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It was good to meet up with you as well Bob aint it funny how you get a image of people you have never seen before I thought you were young, good looking, slim and intelligent how wrong can you be :tongue::wink::winking::funny::funny::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Next thing you will be telling me there is no Father Christmas.:nonono:
Don't worry, there's definitely a Father Christmas - he lives just down the road from me. He's got the best ever part time job, only works one day a year:ciggrin:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
It was good to meet up with you as well Bob aint it funny how you get a image of people you have never seen before I thought you were young, good looking, slim and intelligent how wrong can you be :tongue::wink::winking::funny::funny::funny:

You didn't have your specs on woody:whistling:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
It was great to meet you as well Bob and thank you for the bits you gave me. I made a pen with one of the blanks yesterday, I'll put a photo up later, what is it, its not corian?

Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to meet everyone properly, it would have been good to have spent another day and had a proper chat to all.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Yeah, come on down here, I've got plenty of T bags, coffee, Thatchers, Mr Smiffs and other things that you have to be brave to drink.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I might come down on the Saturday but have to see my parents want a bloody lift to the airport

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Was good to meet you too Bob, those who I hadn't met before as well as those I had met at Newark earlier in the year :thumbs:
I agree there wasn't enough time to talk to everyone, but then again Her In Doors can talk for England :whistling:
I'm looking forward to the Harrogate show in August. Hopefully some of us can meet up there :ciggrin:

Did Alex say he had to take his parents to the airport? :thinks: PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :pint::pint::pint: :funny::funny::funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Was good to meet you too Bob, those who I hadn't met before as well as those I had met at Newark earlier in the year :thumbs:
I agree there wasn't enough time to talk to everyone, but then again Her In Doors can talk for England :whistling:
I'm looking forward to the Harrogate show in August. Hopefully some of us can meet up there :ciggrin:

Did Alex say he had to take his parents to the airport? :thinks: PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :pint::pint::pint: :funny::funny::funny:

Just working on the plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I was disappointed though as you said your partner would be there but brought your daughter instead. Same name I noticed so thanks for all the food Ali.:whistling:

It would be nice to think there might be a repeat event but can Neil take it now he knows what he's up against?

1. Sweet talking Bar Steward:funny:

2. Never say never again!:bwink:

Just managed to find time to open the bag of blanks you gave me Bob.
Some nice stuff in there:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).