• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New from accross the Pond

Rockytime

Registered
First Name
Les
Hello All,
I am a new pen turner as of about three months ago. I live in Denver, Colorado, USA. I have been a hobby machinist for quite a few years and a clock repairer for nearly 40 years as a hobbyist and full time for the last 11 years. I became interested in pen turning by coming across a You Tube demonstrating it. One can never have too many hobbies. I have only been turning slimline pens trying to overcome mistakes and improve finish before investing in expensive blanks and kits. I have a 2MT mini lathe (a really heavy hunk of iron) as well as another mini 1MT lathe for polishing. A bit of overkill for a novice but the 1MT was cheap and I could not resist. I also belong to IPA. I'm not sure I have much I can contribute but for the time being I appreciate your allowing me on your site.
Kindest Regards, Les

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Les and welcome to the forum. You will find some real good information on this site. There are some really good Penturners on here who contribute some great help and information.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Hello Les, welcome to the Asylum, most of the Inmates here are quite harmless, enjoy it while you are still Sane!:wink:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Les, Brody is right you can never have too many lathes:thumbs:

Peter

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome Les, I am still very much a novice myself but i like to read and learn I am sure I will be able to contribute more someday. :wink:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Les. Apart from some of the pens that are made and shown on this forum, we are somewhat a bit of a club and enjoy a healthy, witty banter amongst ourselves which makes this the best forum around. If you show us pictures and ask questions you will be contributing and in no time at all will be showing some absolutely fantastic pens.

Woody is the only sane one amongst us as he says.... gotta humour him.... Now then... Woody... Woody... tablet time :-)

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello Les and welcome. As said in many of the previous posts a lot of very knowledgeable people on here if only you can work out which one:banana:

I don't turn that many pens but still enjoy the banter

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Welcome Les, I have a mate who lives in Parker. Not sure that's apropos of anything in particular ... :whistling:

Paul says we engage in witty banter, I'd say he's at least half right! :face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).