• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tuff Saw Blades

Jim

Grand Master
Well the blades came yesterday, i bought these after they were recommended to me in a thread the other day. When i opened the package i could see that they were very well made and seemed much more sturdier than others i have from other suppliers. Well today i decided to cut up some blanks i have into pen blanks and if i am honest that is the only time i can remember that doing this task was easy ... :bwink:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
They may be a couple of quid dearer than the others Jim but they're worth it. With a new blade I can cut a 2mm veneer off a 6 inch piece of oak.

keith

Jim

Grand Master
Keith, they were actually cheaper than my last supplier .. :ciggrin: Thanks for the heads up ... :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Andy, i got one at 5/8" - TPI 4 and one at 3/4" - TPI 8 ... :thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Well the blades came yesterday, i bought these after they were recommended to me in a thread the other day. When i opened the package i could see that they were very well made and seemed much more sturdier than others i have from other suppliers. Well today i decided to cut up some blanks i have into pen blanks and if i am honest that is the only time i can remember that doing this task was easy ... :bwink:

Jim what saw blades did you buy as the wood cutting ones came in different categories ie premium /super premium etc.:thinks:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I bought a small log of pink ivory from John Boddy's a while ago and decided to cut it up today. Looking round the workshop? I couldn't
find the tuffsaw blade that I thought I had so put in a new axminster one. Absolute disaster. It jammed twice and when I finally got through it the blade had bent like a banana. The log cost me £25 so I've abandoned all work and ordered 2 new blades from tuffsaws.

keith

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).