• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My pen, Jr Gent II / Snake Skin

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That is a very nicely made pen but once again not to my taste.
Good to see you enjoying the wonders of pen turning Ed.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Yet again a very nice pen. You've made it well but I would have put a silver kit on it.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
A lovely pen Edward, but Chrome for me too.

Peter

Edward Po

Gentlemen:

I know this pen blank looks good on a chrome pen kit too, but like all my other pen I turned, this pen was also made on commission. The guy who commissioned this pen is Indian and they love gold jewellry:winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Well, it look like my choice of plating is always opposite of you guys! :funny: My next pen must be chrome, chrom, chro, ch c .......

It's not that we prefer chrome to gold, just that, aesthetically, that blank would look better with chrome, but if a customer wants gold then it's out of your hands unless you can persuade him/her otherwise.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That Edward is the best snake skin blank I have ever seen well done gold or silver well the customer is always right

Edward Po

It's not that we prefer chrome to gold, just that, aesthetically, that blank would look better with chrome, but if a customer wants gold then it's out of your hands unless you can persuade him/her otherwise.

Peter

I fully understand, just pulling everyone legs:face:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
On a serious note, this Indian guy have a lot of friends who have express their interests in buying the same pen from me.

I have more than a few Asian clients and they want bling, gold and more bling.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
I have made and sold a number of Snake skin pens myself Edward, and yes they do look good as does this one, nice finish also my friend .. :thumbs:

Edward Po

First half of this thread supported chrome second half of this thread says gold is nice!! Next time, I will have make my pens in 9air i.e one chrome, one gold :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).