• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another swarf in resin on a Lucida

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I dont believe it the other half of the Blank Peter sent me and this one is even better it sure has the wow factor after the last one I was expecting to be on the lathe for quite a while and it only took a few min with a sharp skew and it turned like a dream maybe its because the Lucida has a smaller tube 9mm as to the Sierra 10.5mm pluss the extra .5mm to allow for the foil on the tube and yes Violet laid claim to it immediately she see it another keeper no matter what I'm offered thanks again Peter
DSCF0735.jpg DSCF0736.JPGDSCF0737.JPGDSCF0738.JPGDSCF0739.jpgDSCF0740.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0737.JPG
    DSCF0737.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 52

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Incredible, absolutely lovely... Peter had better go into production and send me lots of these blanks :winking:

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
Absolutely love them blanks, turned and finished superbly to show them at their best - I'm green with envy. Are they difficult to drill?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Absolutely love them blanks, turned and finished superbly to show them at their best - I'm green with envy. Are they difficult to drill?
I was cautious with the drilling just in case slow and withdraw more often than usual and I had no problems at all drilling even at 11mm for the sierra but now I would stick with the kits with a thinner tube like the lucida 9mm or even a euro 7mm for a longer pen

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That really does look better than the first one, although I still like that one, it just shows you that the same blank cut in half can look so different. You have more than done them both justice:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I have just looked at the brass one I'm sending you and there is quite a bit of brass squashed in at one end then at the middle only a few strands and the other end has more than the middle but less than the opposite end at least with the brass on you don't need to cover the tube, just buff it up nice and shiney and plenty of thick CA. I am sure you will make it look good and any small bits over you could try a centre band with it or use for segmenting.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That really does look better than the first one, although I still like that one, it just shows you that the same blank cut in half can look so different. You have more than done them both justice:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I have just looked at the brass one I'm sending you and there is quite a bit of brass squashed in at one end then at the middle only a few strands and the other end has more than the middle but less than the opposite end at least with the brass on you don't need to cover the tube, just buff it up nice and shiney and plenty of thick CA. I am sure you will make it look good and any small bits over you could try a centre band with it or use for segmenting.

Peter

I think it looks better because the tube is only 9mm so the resin is thicker giving it more depth I will have to remember that with the brass

Matt

Registered
That is superb, just showed my other half and she wants one :whistling: you really need to get making some of these :pray:

Jim

Grand Master
Great looking blank and pen my friend, this will take some beating as far as pens go .. :thumbs: Is it me or do i see a look of mother of pearl in the blank? :nooidea:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Great looking blank and pen my friend, this will take some beating as far as pens go .. :thumbs: Is it me or do i see a look of mother of pearl in the blank? :nooidea:

Not in the flesh so to speak Jim the look on it I have just noticed is 3D wow that is amazing but the sierra isn't the resin is to thin

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
hope u got a gold lucida ready :-)

looking forward to the next one
quality looking kit there

Steve

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).